We all started somewhere! Share your experience on the Get Advice: Let's Get Started Sweepstakes thread and be entered to win a $100 credit on your Constant Contact account.

images not showing up

SherrieL5
Participant

images not showing up

I use mac mail, version 8.2 (2014) and when I send a test email, my images are not showing up. There are lots of examples of this on the forum. If this can't be fixed, I will have to look elsewhere for my email program. Can you help?
1 REPLY 1
William_D

Hello @SherrieL5 ,

Is this occurring on a desktop version of the app, or on an iPhone / iPad? Are you able to safelist the following domains in your network?

If this is occurring in a desktop version of Mac Mail, update the setting in the Mail program to show images/download attachments via this path:
Mail > Mailbox > Preferences > Accounts > [Google or other email provider] IMAP > Account Information > Download Attachments > select “ALL”

If this is occurring on an app version of Mac Mail:

• Open the settings app.
  • Select "Mail, Contacts, Calendars".
  • Set the "Load Remote Images" to ON.

Another potential workaround is to click on the image block in the editor as if you were going to change it:

• Right click on the image
  • Copy image location
  • Go to the Image URL tab
  • Paste the URL
  • Remove the "s" from the https, leaving the image as http
  • Preview the image and insert it.
  • Repeat for all images
  • Test to your Mac Mail

If none of the above workarounds and troubleshooting steps alleviate your issue, I'd advise calling our general support line so they can perform further live troubleshooting, and also work with our higher level technical team.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William D
Community & Social Media Support
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.