cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A/B testing of something other than subject line

Highlighted
Regular Advisor

A/B testing of something other than subject line

I was very excited that CC introduced A/B testing but as far as I can tell it only applies to subject lines. Is that true? I would like to be able to test other things, like types of images, text links vs button links, etc. Anyone know if this can be done?

Would also like to be able to just do a split test of the whole list, so I can see results from the full list rather than just a percentage of it.

Lastly, when you are doing a subject line A/B test, it would be useful to be able to have a different preheader associated with the 2nd subject line.

1 REPLY
CTCT Employee

Re: A/B testing of something other than subject line

@JulieL34

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! At this time, our A/B testing is specifically to compare the reporting of subject lines. I really like your ideas of comparing other things such as the images, text links and buttons that you mentioned. I will certainly submit this idea to our developers on your behalf!

I will also notate your recommendation of doing a split test of the entire list and having a different preheader. Thank you for your insight and ideas for our product!

In the meantime, if you have any further questions please feel free to reach out to us here. We are always happy to assist you in any way we can!

Taryn Leinweber
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!