Now Available; SMS Marketing For Individual Business Owners!

Add Tagged contacts from another List to a mail blast?

SOLVED
Go to solution
MaggieR94
Campaign Contributor
0 Votes

Is there a way I can build up a Recipient list using sections for multiple lists?

I've got an mail that I want to send out to the whole of List A, but would also be relevant to part of List B.

I've already Tagged the contacts in List B, but this tag would not be appropriate for some contacts on List A.

I don't want to create a new tag and tag all these contacts on both Lists as this combination is probably a 1 off. I also don't want to send 2 emails as there may be contacts on both lists.

TLDR: Can I send 1 mailblast to List A + Tagged contacts in List B? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator

Hello @MaggieR94 ,

Based on how you're wanting to handle these contacts, I'd recommend the following steps:

• Create the new list, and give it an appropriate name.
  • Start moving contacts into the new list by going into List A, select-all by selecting the top checkmark box, Actions > Add to list > select and add them to the new list.
  • View the tag to see all contacts tagged for it, select-all by clicking the top checkmark box, Actions > Add to list > select and add them to the new list.
  • Send your email to the new list. 

Normally I'd say to just use the narrow-by-tag feature, however based on the list setups you currently have, it would require a bit more finessing, in the same way you may have to occasionally use segmentation to fine-tune the contacts receiving a particular email, or use a combination of tags, list membership, and other contact details to make sure your emails are targeting contacts based on desired criteria. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
William_A
Administrator

Hello @MaggieR94 ,

Based on how you're wanting to handle these contacts, I'd recommend the following steps:

• Create the new list, and give it an appropriate name.
  • Start moving contacts into the new list by going into List A, select-all by selecting the top checkmark box, Actions > Add to list > select and add them to the new list.
  • View the tag to see all contacts tagged for it, select-all by clicking the top checkmark box, Actions > Add to list > select and add them to the new list.
  • Send your email to the new list. 

Normally I'd say to just use the narrow-by-tag feature, however based on the list setups you currently have, it would require a bit more finessing, in the same way you may have to occasionally use segmentation to fine-tune the contacts receiving a particular email, or use a combination of tags, list membership, and other contact details to make sure your emails are targeting contacts based on desired criteria. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
MaggieR94
Campaign Contributor
0 Votes

Thanks William,

I thought I'd have to do something like that, I think that is what my predecessor did and I'll still unpicking the 100's of mailing lists that they setup. I was hoping there was an easier way to build a recipient list from multiple tag combinations.

Thanks

M

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here

73% of SMBs express doubt that their marketing strategy is effective. Does this sound familiar? Read our Small Business Now Report to learn how you can tweak your strategy to see better results.

Go read our article
Upcoming Webinars
Aug 07
Constant Contact Community Walkthrough and Demo
2:00 PM - 3:00 PM EST