Adding an already-registered email to an existing account

HopeandCope
Marketing Legend
0 Votes
Hi, We wanted to add someone to our Constant Contact account. The person has a Constant Contact account (which they created by mistake). We sent them an email request to be added to our account, but when they clicked on the "verify email" button in the invitation we sent, they got logged into their own account. They don't see our campaigns. How do we fix this? There doesn't seem to be a way to delete the account unless you call the company. Is that the only way? If that's the case, does it mean that if I have an existing account, I can't use that same account as a member of another account? Thanks, L
4 REPLIES 4
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @HopeandCope ,

All the user has to do is change the username of their own account to something else. Until then, they won't be able to be added as a user because their email needs to be free to setup a new login (in this case, the one for your account).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
HopeandCope
Marketing Legend
0 Votes

So if they change the username they can keep the same email address and it'll work? Or do they have to change the associated email address also? I think they are currently the same.

L

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Yes, only the username needs to be unique, and since adding a new user requires their email to be used as the username to start off with, it cannot already be a username for another account. 

Once they're setup as a user in your account, they can change their username for their login to your account as well.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
HopeandCope
Marketing Legend
0 Votes

OK, let me send the information to the person and see what happens. I'll come back to let you know what happened.

L

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Polls
How confident are you about the effectiveness of your current marketing strategy?

Top Choice: Not confident at all (80%)

Upcoming Webinars
Jun 05
Constant Contact Community Walkthrough and Demo
2PM - 3:00 PM EST