Announcing our brand new Campaign Builder!

Wordpress Genesis Email Capture Connection with CC

SteveC85
Rookie
0 Votes
Hi. I'm BRAND NEW to CC. I have an existing website built in wordpress, using a theme (Workstation pro) on the Genesis framework. thunderclapcg.com On my existing site, I have a place where people can sign up to get updates, new blog posts, etc. I want this to - yep - feed a CC mailing list. The place on my existing site is created using a Genesis E-news extended widget. Looking at the widget.plug-in directions - they basically suggest making a landing page on CC. I've done that. But the widget is asking to identify "hidden fields" and I can't seem to find them. on CC. Here's a relevant bit from the plug-in directions: 1. Form Action: Enter the form action URL of your form from your Constant Contact account. Note: The URL above is for demonstration only – you must use your form-specific URL from your Constant Contact account. 2. E-Mail Field: Enter ea so you can collect readers’ email addresses. 3. Hidden Fields: Enter the hidden fields of your form from your Constant Contact account. Note: The hidden fields above are for demonstration only – you must use your form-specific hidden fields from your Constant Contact account. Any thoughts on what I can do? I've spent some time on this and am coming up with a big fat zero. Thanks in advance.
3 REPLIES 3
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @SteveC85 ,

The only thing we'd have insight on is the WordPress sign-up form integration we've developed. Anything beyond that, we wouldn't really be able to provide insight on or troubleshoot as it's wholly outside our system. Have you reached out to the support for whomever developed your existing form?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
SteveC85
Rookie
0 Votes

Thank for getting back with me so quickly, William! Yes, I had installed that plug-in already. But your reply inspired me to mess around with it a little more. And good news! I got it to show up in the sidebar. I see two issues:

1. It looks pretty wonky. Has some sort of "edit form" box above where someone can enter an email. How do I lose that box? 

2. Is there any way to lose the small print (below the entry box) that reads like this...

"By submitting this form, you are consenting to receive marketing emails from: . You can revoke your consent to receive emails at any time by using the SafeUnsubscribe® link, found at the bottom of every email. Emails are serviced by Constant Contact"

I suspect that's something I can turn off somewhere. Whaddya think?

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes
  1. Is that "edit form" showing for any visitors to your site, or just in your view as the site owner? Or does it show when you view your live site in incognito/private browsing mode?
  2. No, the small print is  legally required element for any signup forms or similar functionalities that would add contacts through something we've developed (i.e. the integration).

Ultimately, if you're needing troubleshooting for functionalities of the integration, it'd be best to call general support and request a transfer to our Tier 2 integration support team for more advanced assistance.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Polls
How confident are you about the effectiveness of your current marketing strategy?

Top Choice: Not confident at all (74%)

73% of SMBs express doubt that their marketing strategy is effective. Does this sound familiar? Read our Small Business Now Report to learn how you can tweak your strategy to see better results.

Go read our article
Upcoming Webinars
Jun 05
Constant Contact Community Walkthrough and Demo
2PM - 3:00 PM EST