Bullets are indented much too far to the right when sent.

KimH44
Rookie
0 Votes

5 REPLIES 5
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @KimH44 ,

Is this happening across all email programs and apps you have access to, or just one in particular? If it's a specific email program where it's occurring, are there any text display settings you can see that you can toggle or change how they'd affect bulleted lists and other indented elements?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
KimH44
Rookie
0 Votes

It only happens with Constant Contact emails that are viewed on a computer. TheScreenshot 2023-08-14 091241.jpg mobile messages look okay. This has been an ongoing problem.

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Is this happening across all email programs and apps you have access to, or just one in particular? Please provide what email programs you're seeing this occur in, because I'm not able to replicate when I test send your emails to myself.

If it's a specific email program where it's occurring, are there any text display settings you can see that you can toggle or change how they'd affect bulleted lists and other indented elements?

William A
KimH44
Rookie
0 Votes

It seems to only happen when viewed using Outlook, which many of our customers use. Here's a screenshot I received from a vendor using CC. Screenshot 2023-08-14 101629.jpg

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Unfortunately, Outlook won't always follow the indentation rules set, due to how Word reads HTML. While our devs are trying to work with Outlook's devs on this, the only real workaround for this would be to take a screencap of the list as it's supposed to look, and replace the typed out list with that image.

For more info on common display issues in different email programs, such as with text formatting or images, I'd recommend taking a look at this post

William A
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
May 01
Constant Contact Community Walkthrough and Demo
2PM - 3:00 PM EST