Announcing Campaign Builder!

Can a opt-in checkbox be added to the checkout process?

SOLVED
Go to solution
RandalW72
Campaign Contributor
0 Votes

I am using WooCommerce and I want to add an opt-in checkbox to the checkout sequence that uses the email address added by the customer in their registration.  I know how to get the checkbox attached to a hook.  I just need some direction on what code to work with.

Thanks,

Randal

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Caitlin_M
Administrator

Hi @RandalW72. If you are using our WooCommerce integration, there is no code needed once you connect the two ends. The integration includes an opt-in box for customers who purchase through your store. Apps and Integrations 

--

Caitlin M.
Community Manager

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Caitlin_M
Administrator

Hi @RandalW72. If you are using our WooCommerce integration, there is no code needed once you connect the two ends. The integration includes an opt-in box for customers who purchase through your store. Apps and Integrations 

--

Caitlin M.
Community Manager
RandalW72
Campaign Contributor
0 Votes

I had installed that plugin once before and now at your suggestion I did it again.  However, even though I have selected "Yes, check this box by default" it isn't being checked.  I need this to be checked so that is why I was interested in getting help to create my own opt-in.  Do you have any suggestions?

Kyle_R
Administrator
0 Votes

Hi @RandalW72 - Interesting, that should do it! I went to your website and added something to the cart so that I could test the check out and I saw the box checked automatically. Were you able to get it to work? This is what I saw when I tested:

2022-06-30 15_22_58-Window.png

RandalW72
Campaign Contributor
0 Votes

Must have been my cache.  It is showing now. 

Is there a way to change the message about "marketing emails"?  I want to make it more specific to the name of my newsletter. 

Kyle_R
Administrator

Glad it's showing correctly now!

At this time there isn't any customization to the language of the opt in message available in the plugin settings.

MatthewJ89
Rookie
0 Votes

Have there been any updates in the last 2 years to customize the message? It's kinda ridiculous that this can't be edited.

Caitlin_M
Administrator
0 Votes

Hi @MatthewJ89. There haven't been any updates regarding the opt-in text for WooCommerce. 

--

Caitlin M.
Community Manager
RandalW72
Campaign Contributor
0 Votes

OK, thanks for the help.

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Polls
How confident are you about the effectiveness of your current marketing strategy?

Top Choice: Not confident at all (77%)

73% of SMBs express doubt that their marketing strategy is effective. Does this sound familiar? Read our Small Business Now Report to learn how you can tweak your strategy to see better results.

Go read our article
Upcoming Webinars
Jun 05
Constant Contact Community Walkthrough and Demo
2PM - 3:00 PM EST