Let's Play Bingo in Week 4 of the Ready, Set, Send Challenge!

Casual Conversation: If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?

Nick_S
Administrator

Welcome to Casual Conversations!

Every first (usually!) Wednesday of the month we want to take a moment out of our day to break from the hustle and bustle of online marketing and open discussion up to subjects that have less to do with emails, events, and landing pages and more to do with... everything else!

Now sometimes we might skirt the line between business and pleasure in our topics of conversation, but ultimately we know how hard y'all are working and it's fun to think about something other than work every once in awhile.

---

Pure joy.Pure joy.Feel free to choose the circumstances you want (e.g. deserted island, every food you touch turns into this one food, etc.) that would restrict you to only one food source. Now, what one food would you be willing to eat for the rest of your life?

I can't say I'm much of a foodie, but I do enjoy eating food. There are a few items of nourishment that tend to rise to the top of my hierarchy of wants but if I could only choose one food, hmm...

Probably zen butter ice cream, which can only be found at the Original Chinatown Ice Cream Factory in Manhattan. It is a peanut butter with toasted sesame seeds. I don't think it necessarily even tastes like peanut butter or sesame seeds, but it does taste like a gift from Dionysus himself. Pure joy.

I never take pictures of food, but I almost always take a picture of zen butter ice cream when I'm lucky enough to be in the area. Of course, the last couple of times I've tried to get it they were all out... My wife claims she's never seen a grown man appear visibly despondent in front of a (presumably) adolescent ice cream scooper before.

All right, now it's your turn! Whatcha eatin' for all eternity?

Content Manager

Elevate your marketing with Constant Contact's Professional Design Services! From eye-catching email templates to custom branding and social media graphics, our professional design services are tailored to boost your business's impact and engagement.

6 REPLIES 6
William_A
Administrator

For me it's a toss-up between burrito bowls and gyro bowls. There's some great standalone and chain restaurants in my area that I frequent, that actually live up to the ideals of "fast and fresh." They make me feel less guilty about eating "fast food," and are usually well-seasoned.

For burrito bowls it's usually: rice, chicken, mixed veggies, cheese, queso, corn salsa, red hot salsa, green tomatillo salsa, pico de gallo, and sour cream.

For gyro bowls it's usually: seasoned rice, either falafel or lamb & beef gyro meat, feta, onions, olives, tomato, red cabbage, cucumber, spicy tzatziki, and spicy hummus.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
Nick_S
Administrator

Dang, if I hadn't settled on ice cream, a burrito or burrito bowl would definitely be my next pick. I always loved visiting the Colorado office and getting to indulge on smothered burritos... every day. The gyro bowl sounds good, too.

Content Manager

Elevate your marketing with Constant Contact's Professional Design Services! From eye-catching email templates to custom branding and social media graphics, our professional design services are tailored to boost your business's impact and engagement.

Grace_R
Employee

I'm going to have to go with gyoza (aka Japanese dumplings). I find them so addicting! You've got the pork and cabbage filling with a wonderful garlicky-gingery bite, a thin dumpling wrapper that is perfectly crispy on the bottom, and a salty, tangy dipping sauce. PERFECTION. Whenever I get sushi, I absolutely must get an order of these as an appetizer!

They are also not difficult to make. Time-consuming, perhaps. But sooo worth it in the end. Sharing a recipe from The Woks of Life!

Nick_S
Administrator

Ooo, definitely making note of that recipe. Definitely can't go wrong with gyoza. As you said, the garlic/ginger kick, the sauce, and the crispiness. Yum. I wonder if I can convince my wife we should get dumplings tonight... 🤔

Content Manager

Abigail_S
Administrator

Welp! Now I'm hungry. This is such a hard question...

If I could eat one food for the rest of my life it would probably be this Mediterranean salad I make. Ingredients include: Greek olives, cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, chopped dill, olive oil, and apple cider vinegar. An optional ingredient includes some sort of feta or goat cheese depending on your mood. 

It's so fresh, clean, and I could solely live off of Greek olives for the rest of my life. 

Abigail St Jean

Community Program Manager

Help others find this post by giving it kudos.

Nick_S
Administrator
0 Votes

Well, you definitely win with healthiest entry so far! That does sound tasty, though. Minus the olives, but I've never been an olive guy.

Content Manager

Featured Article

Use Sections to Build Email Campaigns Faster and Improve Engagement Rates

Using Sections while designing your marketing email not only increases your own efficiency but helps you to deliver a more friendly, organized message. Check out some of the key benefits of using sections in email.

See Article

Featured Thread

Casual Conversations: What's your go-to playlist?

If you listen to music while you work, share your playlist below so we can be inspired and maybe find some new music!

View thread

Featured Thread

Ready, Set, Send Challenge Week 4: Multi-channel Campaign Creation

Developing a multi-channel marketing strategy is the best way to grow your audience across email, social media, and more!

Join challenge
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here

73% of SMBs express doubt that their marketing strategy is effective. Does this sound familiar? Read our Small Business Now Report to learn how you can tweak your strategy to see better results.

Go read our article
Upcoming Webinars
OCT 24
Engage and Convert: The Email and Social Media Power Play
2PM - 3PM EST