Summarize Your Email with AI When Posting to Social Media

Casual Conversations: What is your current favorite TV show?

Nick_S
Administrator

Welcome to Casual Conversations!

Every first Wednesday of the month we want to take a moment out of our day to break from the hustle and bustle of online marketing and open discussion up to subjects that have less to do with emails, events, and landing pages and more to do with... everything else!

Now sometimes we might skirt the line between business and pleasure in our topics of conversation, but ultimately we know how hard y'all are working and it's fun to think about something other than work every once in a while.

The season finale of House of the Dragon aired the other night and it was a rare occasion where I actually watched an episode as it dropped (thank you, parenthood). It got me thinking and that brings us to this month’s question: What is your current favorite TV show? 📺

Whether it's a new series that's just dropped or a classic that you've recently discovered, we'd love to hear about it. What makes it stand out? Is it the storyline, the characters, the cinematography, or perhaps something else?

Drop your current favorite show in the comments and tell us why you're hooked. Who knows, you might stumble upon your next binge obsession from someone else's suggestion!

I guess because I just finished it, House of the Dragon would be my pick. I was an avid watcher of Game of Thrones, even though I felt the overall quality of the show dipped when they ran out of reference material (still need to read the books, though). I don’t think the show is perfect, but I like the inter-family drama and medieval politicking, with dragons! There were some great cinematic moments, too.

via GIPHY

While I was waiting for the finale to air, I started watching the relatively recent Fallout TV show, based on the video game series (which I’ve never played, but have heard my nephew talk about incessantly) and it definitely piqued my interest so I’ll continue with that and see how it goes. As a new parent, it takes me 3x as long to watch anything. 😀

Content Manager

Elevate your marketing with Constant Contact's Professional Design Services! From eye-catching email templates to custom branding and social media graphics, our professional design services are tailored to boost your business's impact and engagement.

11 REPLIES 11
Chris-S
Administrator

Bluey! Also recently started watching Gravity Falls, another hilarious show.

bluey-muffin.gif

Elevate your marketing with Constant Contact's Professional Design Services! From eye-catching email templates to custom branding and social media graphics, our professional design services are tailored to boost your business's impact and engagement.

Elizabeth_K
Employee

I love Bluey and Gravity Falls! Bluey is especially good because there's something in there for different ages to notice and the writing is so well thought out.

I like to watch stuff with my daughter, and though it isn't super new, The Hollow is also a favorite.

Abigail_S
Administrator

I just binge watched Love Island USA because I love reality TV shows and brain rot. I will say though, the show received a lot of press online and that kept me hooked. It's so interesting to see how social media is a huge player in reality television nowadays. It's also a tad scary when you think about it! 

Abigail St Jean

Community Program Manager

Help others find this post by giving it kudos.

Elizabeth_K
Employee

I like The Mole. I remember watching it a long time ago, and it recently got a reboot that I watched. It's got plenty of eyerolling moments. Lol!

VanessaM7330
Employee

Abigail, I was GLUED to the screen all summer, watching Love Island USA. I think the social media hype definitely made this season more addictive than it would have been otherwise.

The reunion just came out! I'll be watching it this weekend with some snacks, wearing my favorite fuzzy slippers 😊

Elizabeth_K
Employee

I just started Time Bandits, which is silly fun. Lisa Kudrow (if you haven't seen The Comeback, you need to) is always entertaining and I'll watch anything that Jemaine Clement or Taika Waititi is involved in.

As soon as that is finished, Bad Monkey is next in the lineup. I've read several Carl Hiaasen books and I always enjoy them, but I haven't read Bad Monkey yet. It's going to be nice not having anything to compare it to... unlike the end of Game of Thrones. Blech.

(I'm also watching House of the Dragon, while I'm waiting on that next Game of Thrones book . Lol!)

Nick_S
Administrator
0 Votes

I think we'll be waiting forever for the next book, let alone the final book. 😄

Time Bandits was a movie, right? And now it's a TV show? With Clement and Waititi involved? I love What We Do In The Shadows, so I'll have to check this out!

Content Manager

VanessaM7330
Employee

For me, it's The 3% and Manifest on Netflix. I've found that I really enjoy mysteries and dramas in the Sci Fi category. I discovered these two after finishing my all-time favorite TV show, The 100, and getting them as a recommendation. 

Totally relate to being a parent and moving slowly through the show. I've been watching The 3% for two years now and I'm just on Season 2! 😅

Nick_S
Administrator

I've heard of Manifest and The 100, but not The 3% so I'll have to look into that! It's been awhile since I've watched a proper sci-fi show (like Battlestar Galactica). I've heard The Expanse is really good, too.

Maybe when my son is off to college and/or I retire. 😅

Content Manager

Caitlin_M
Administrator

I tend to watch videos on YouTube instead of TV series, but I want to do a rewatch of Schitt's Creek. Moira was a riot!

Caitlin_M_0-1724422115389.gif

--

Caitlin M.
Community Manager
Nick_S
Administrator
0 Votes

Schitt's Creek is, if I may, the schitt. I always enjoy when a GIF or a clip pops up in my social feeds.

Content Manager

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here

73% of SMBs express doubt that their marketing strategy is effective. Does this sound familiar? Read our Small Business Now Report to learn how you can tweak your strategy to see better results.

Go read our article
Upcoming Webinars
SEP 19
Achieve Your Goals with Multi-Channel Marketing Campaigns
2PM - 3PM EST