Contacts fields being change during event registration

PeterT4965
Marketing Legend
0 Votes

Existing Contact's information including first and last names are being changed in Constant Contacts when contacts register for an event.

Scenario: John Smith registers for an event, misspelling his name Jonh Smtih. His Constant Contact Contact record changes to Jonh Smtih and subsequent email campaigns and event invitations with his name inserted will appear as Jonh Smtih.

4 REPLIES 4
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @PeterT4965 ,

This isn't something that can really be controlled. If your contacts are signing up for an event, and providing new contact information when they apply to be added to a list, then the system will have to accept that information - similar to how a sign up form would if the contact misspells their own name. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
PeterT4965
Marketing Legend
0 Votes

Your assertion "This isn't something that can really be controlled" directly contradicts a Constant Contact level 2 tech support, who during a recent telephone call acknowledged this issue as a known bug and logged it as such.

• The event invitations are sent to a contact list created (uploading) by the administrator and not a sign-up form lists.
  • We do not use and never have used sign-up forms to affect or create contact lists.
  • The event settings: Basics > Optional features > "Allow registrants to join my contact list" is unchecked/disabled, thereby disallowing any additions and (arguably) changes to any contact list. Therefore, the event sign-up or registration is not a "sign-up form" with this settings option disabled. 
PeterT4965
Marketing Legend
0 Votes

Perhaps the Administrator would care to address my reply above, specifically....

• The event settings: Basics > Optional features > "Allow registrants to join my contact list" is unchecked/disabled, thereby disallowing any additions and (arguably) changes to any contact list. Therefore, the event sign-up or registration is not a "sign-up form" with this settings option disabled. 
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

I'd advise calling our general support so they can continue troubleshooting the issue live.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here

73% of SMBs express doubt that their marketing strategy is effective. Does this sound familiar? Read our Small Business Now Report to learn how you can tweak your strategy to see better results.

Go read our article
Upcoming Webinars
Jul 10
Constant Contact Community Walkthrough and Demo
2PM - 3:00 PM EST