Convert a Legacy Autoresponder Series to a new Automated Email Series

DouglasL6
Rookie
0 Votes

Trying to convert our affected emails. I get to the step of Copy Email - Copy (step 6) and it does not bring up a window for me to rename the message. Instead it kicks me back to my home page. Any help?

4 REPLIES 4
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @DouglasL6 ,

Based on certain design elements of it, it looks like it was created using the fully-retired second-generation editor. If the email was created in the second-generation editor, you won't be able to use it in your new Automated Email Series, since there's no conversion for 2GE to 3GE.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
DouglasL6
Rookie
0 Votes

Thank you for this William. Do you know when the second generation editor was retired? The emails in question were created 2016-2017. Does that jive with the second generation lifetime? A couple msgs from 2018 are affected, but one from 2018 is not. Could there be another problem?

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

It would, we began transitioning fully away from the 2GE editor around 2019, going into 2020 as the cross-platform editor was set to release. Once the CPE came out, 2GE was fully retired. That particular sizing for the social bar icon at the top and bottom of the email is what immediately tipped me off, even beyond the original publish date of the automation. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
DouglasL6
Rookie
0 Votes

I see. No doubt that is the problem. Thank you for your time and assistance.

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Polls
How confident are you about the effectiveness of your current marketing strategy?

Top Choice: Not confident at all (80%)

Upcoming Webinars
Jun 05
Constant Contact Community Walkthrough and Demo
2PM - 3:00 PM EST