Customized Eblast

FeliciaG03
Rookie
0 Votes

Is there a way to have a greeting say: Dear Jill and John, by using two first name fields without putting the Jill and John into one field? Felicia

3 REPLIES 3
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @FeliciaG03 ,

Presumably, this is in regards to a single contact / email address that two people utilize? In that regard, the best method would be to set the first name as "Jill and John." Otherwise the greeting tag would only pull whoever's name was listed as the actual First Name field type.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
FeliciaG03
Rookie
0 Votes

Thank you for getting back to me William. I was expecting this answer but was hoping for a work around. During one chat with CC help, the support person indicated that if you change the content of a field in one list, it changes the content of the same field in all lists. I am going to try and confirm this today, but if this is correct, I will have to think of some way around it.

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Lists are just places to hold contacts for sending to. Changing the data (such as name) you have for a contact affects the contact itself, regardless of its list membership. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
May 01
Constant Contact Community Walkthrough and Demo
2PM - 3:00 PM EST