Summarize Your Email with AI When Posting to Social Media

Developing a successful video marketing strategy

Grace_R
Employee

Given the number of people who spend their time scrolling on YouTube and TikTok, it's no surprise that video marketing can be highly effective in attracting, engaging, and converting new customers. But if you've never created video content, creating a video marketing strategy can be daunting. We're here to help! Check out our 5 easy steps to get started

For those with an ecommerce store, videos can help you sell more! Try the following:

• Make a product video that provides detail, compares to other products, and demonstrates the product's real-world application
  • Create a testimonial video that helps build your credibility
  • Publish a Q&A style video that answers your customers' common questions

Promoting your videos once published is important, so remember to insert your video into an email campaign in order to get more eyes on it!

What kinds of videos does your organization produce? And what are key elements of your video marketing strategy?

6 REPLIES 6
Nick_S
Administrator

Thanks for the post, Grace! These are some good points. I thought of a couple more ideas for video content that might be useful for marketing strategies:

• Event Highlight Videos: If you're running an event, you could share a highlights reel as a follow-up email to attendees, or use it to promote future events, because it'll show off the fun and excitement of what's come before.
  • Personalized Messages: Depending on how personal you want to get, it might be difficult to pull off but creating videos that speak directly to the audience like a birthday wish, thank you message, or something along those lines. For example, let's say you want to promote a handful of products using video but you want to only send certain products to certain contacts (using segmentation). You could use dynamic content blocks so that only specific contacts will see the products you want them to see.

Content Manager

Elevate your marketing with Constant Contact's Professional Design Services! From eye-catching email templates to custom branding and social media graphics, our professional design services are tailored to boost your business's impact and engagement.

Abigail_S
Administrator

Great call out @Grace_R! If you are in the Ecommerce space, be sure to check out our Retail & Ecommerce group

Abigail St Jean

Community Program Manager

Help others find this post by giving it kudos.

Chris-S
Administrator

My nephew and niece are members of Generation Alpha, and their primary source of information is YouTube. A video constantly plays on the tv, computer, or iPad. Before parting with any of their meticulously saved allowances or pleading for money from their parents or me when they say no.  I’ve noticed they watch very specific YouTube videos before asking.

1. Unboxing videos: provide a glimpse of what is inside a newly received package, offering an initial peek at the contents. This could range from a new toy or gadget to makeup or any other item.
  2. Comparison Videos: these videos show a product against its competitors. They explain the features and benefits, how the person uses it, and their thoughts on the product over another.
  3. Review Videos: these content creators sit down and discuss the pros and cons of the item. These meticulously go through each detail, point by point, and tell the stories of whether they love it or hate it. 

Elevate your marketing with Constant Contact's Professional Design Services! From eye-catching email templates to custom branding and social media graphics, our professional design services are tailored to boost your business's impact and engagement.

Abigail_S
Administrator

YouTube over Tiktok?! I'm shocked. 

Abigail St Jean

Community Program Manager

Elizabeth_K
Employee

I just bought a volleyball net, and I went right to YouTube to make sure I was setting up the boundary lines that came with it correctly. There were several videos out there, but I picked the one from the company I bought it from because I knew it would be relatively short and give me what I needed. My point being, you could rely on the content that others create, but you have way more control over the messaging when you provide the content on your official channels. You know your customers best and can address their frequently asked questions better than anyone!

ACTIVATE
Community Coach

Awesome direction from the folks in the previous answers! I'd like to address length in more detail. Clients always want to know "what's most effective?" The answer is that different lengths of video work best for different goals. 

Here are some general guidelines I use:

15 seconds to 60 seconds - Awareness (first time they are seeing you) or teaser video 

1-2 minutes - Short form sale videos leading them into the sales funnel

2-5 minutes - Informational, how-to, Q&A, unboxing

5+ minutes - Content-centric. They know they are watching a longer video and it's on purpose. You are providing great value by giving them in depth content. 

Aaron Wesley Means

ACTIVATE Business Solutions

Note: I am not a Constant Contact employee.

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here

73% of SMBs express doubt that their marketing strategy is effective. Does this sound familiar? Read our Small Business Now Report to learn how you can tweak your strategy to see better results.

Go read our article
Upcoming Webinars
SEP 19
Achieve Your Goals with Multi-Channel Marketing Campaigns
2PM - 3PM EST