Now Available; SMS Marketing For Individual Business Owners!

Different Lists, Different Information

LisaW407
Rookie
0 Votes

So I have 3 different lists that each collects different information.  But, when I add a custom column to one, the column is included in the other. Just to understand better, I do have some contacts who appear on multiple Contact Lists. This morning, I made a new contact list with different data.  When I uploaded the spreadsheet, the new contact list pulled data from the 1st spreadsheet when that data should not be included. I don't understand what I am doing wrong. I didn't map that data. I don't understand that, if I have 2 different lists why 1 would pull data from the other and how do I correct that?

4 REPLIES 4
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @LisaW407 ,

If you change the columns that display in any of your Contacts list (including the overview), that column will display in others.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
LisaW407
Rookie
0 Votes

There's no way to stop that? It's giving information that I don't want or need in the other lists.  It makes my lists messy and I can't work like this.

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

This is how the system works with displaying contacts in lists and in the overview. If you need to see a different set of data for a particular list, you can change the column display.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
LisaW407
Rookie
0 Votes

I have done that but it still comes up on the form when we're adding a new client.  I think what bothers me is that I can't get rid of information that is no longer relevant to my business and, instead, that information just sticks with the client and there's no good way to get rid of it.  What's relevant to my business 5 years ago isn't always needed today.  

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here

73% of SMBs express doubt that their marketing strategy is effective. Does this sound familiar? Read our Small Business Now Report to learn how you can tweak your strategy to see better results.

Go read our article
Upcoming Webinars
Aug 07
Constant Contact Community Walkthrough and Demo
2:00 PM - 3:00 PM EST