Some of our customers are experiencing issues accessing campaigns and reporting data. We are working to resolve this as quickly as possible.

Editor Looks

SOLVED
Go to solution
MazzellaMarketing
Rookie
0 Votes

Hello, This question is more out of curiosity but why is it when I edit particular emails the look of the editor is not consistent. There's a distinct different in look and feel depending on what email I copy and edit.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @MazzellaMarketing ,

Some of your emails that you're copying may still be using the older 3rd generation editor (3GE). This is quickly made distinct by the big orange Continue button in the top-right corner. The current editor is the Cross Device / Platform Editor (CPE), which has the more consistent blue look the rest of the site has. 

The two editors will have some differences in capabilities. If you have emails you're regularly copying that are still using 3GE, I'd recommend either recreating them in the CPE (simply by creating an email), or using one of your known CPE-built templates for all of your emails going forward.

If you decide to recreate your 3GE template in CPE, as a general best practice I'd recommend looking into creating a reusable template (sometimes called a master template), that has all the bare, necessary info in it - logo, footer info, coloring defaults, basic layout, etc. - already set up. This way, you can easily copy from this direct source, and avoid the potential issues that can occur when too many generations of copying copied-copies occurs. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @MazzellaMarketing ,

Some of your emails that you're copying may still be using the older 3rd generation editor (3GE). This is quickly made distinct by the big orange Continue button in the top-right corner. The current editor is the Cross Device / Platform Editor (CPE), which has the more consistent blue look the rest of the site has. 

The two editors will have some differences in capabilities. If you have emails you're regularly copying that are still using 3GE, I'd recommend either recreating them in the CPE (simply by creating an email), or using one of your known CPE-built templates for all of your emails going forward.

If you decide to recreate your 3GE template in CPE, as a general best practice I'd recommend looking into creating a reusable template (sometimes called a master template), that has all the bare, necessary info in it - logo, footer info, coloring defaults, basic layout, etc. - already set up. This way, you can easily copy from this direct source, and avoid the potential issues that can occur when too many generations of copying copied-copies occurs. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Polls
How confident are you about the effectiveness of your current marketing strategy?

Top Choice: Not confident at all (50%)

Upcoming Webinars
Jun 05
Constant Contact Community Walkthrough and Demo
2PM - 3:00 PM EST