Summarize Your Email with AI When Posting to Social Media

Error in vewing and editing a contact name and email

user75990
Rookie
0 Votes

Hi,

I'm a virtual assistant residing in the Philippines and working online for the Jewish Community of the South Bay. I've been using Constant Contact for more than  a  year already on behalf of the Rabbi. Just yesterday, I couldn't open Constant Contact without a verification code. I was then given access to create an account on Constant Contact. I can now open Constant Contact again, but whenever I try to view or edit a contact's name or email, a notification appears, "An error has occurred." I could not add new contacts as well.

Please help me resolve this problem because I am using Constant Contact almost every day. I've attached a screenshot of what my screen looks like after I click an email or name to edit.

Thank you, and I appreciate your prompt response.

Sincerely,

Ariel Realin

Virtual Assistant

Jewish Community of the South Bay

Screenshot - 2024-07-23T113026.104.png

9 REPLIES 9
Caitlin_M
Administrator
0 Votes

Hi @user75990. I'm not able to replicate this message when accessing any contacts in your account. Does this happen in multiple browsers or incognito mode? 

--

Caitlin M.
Community Manager
user75990
Rookie

Hi @Caitlin_M, thank you for replying to my message. I can view and edit in incognito mode and other browsers except Google Chrome. Thank you very much for the advice.

Regards,

Ariel Realin

Caitlin_M
Administrator
0 Votes

Hi @user75990. If you are not able to view the contact screen in regular Chrome, it's possible there is an extension that conflicts with our program. If you'd like to do more troubleshooting, you can turn off each extension to narrow down which one it is or you can continue using incognito or another browser.

--

Caitlin M.
Community Manager
RVC9
Campaign Collaborator
0 Votes

I get the same error message. Not every time - but about 30% of the time this error occurs.  The next day it "may" work. The error happens in both Chrome and Edge.  It is particularly a problem on weekends. I have tried accessing it from different links on the website - sometimes I think it is only when I search for a record, other times searching has no bearing on whether I can view or edit a record or not.

It would be nice if someone could respond to this error and fix it @ CC or provide a work around.  It is VERY annoying and does not speak well for trying to update a contact on the fly.

Very frustrating...

Thank you to whoever can resolve this very annoying issue!

user26648
Rookie
0 Votes

Same error on my side.

Nick_S
Administrator
0 Votes

Hi @user75990  and @RVC9,

I just want to check if you still experience the issue while working in Incognito/Private Browsing mode, if you've had the chance to test that? 

Content Manager

Elevate your marketing with Constant Contact's Professional Design Services! From eye-catching email templates to custom branding and social media graphics, our professional design services are tailored to boost your business's impact and engagement.

user26648
Rookie
0 Votes

Hi Nick,

Today's tests give the same results: contact edition works in Chrome incognito mode but not in normal connected mode.

However it worked once in normal mode yesterday, so it is very unpredictive.

Thanks. Chantal

Nick_S
Administrator
0 Votes

Thank you for the follow up @user26648!

I'm sorry to hear it is still happening. Our developers are still investigating a resolution to this issue, so I do not have an update at this time, but I can have you notified when a fix is implemented.

Content Manager

Elevate your marketing with Constant Contact's Professional Design Services! From eye-catching email templates to custom branding and social media graphics, our professional design services are tailored to boost your business's impact and engagement.

RogerP301
Rookie
0 Votes

This started happening to me just in the past week. I get the error message when I try to update an email address for one of my contacts in Chrome and Safari, not using incognito mode for either browser. Finally I tried it on the app on my phone and was able to make the update there. 

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here

73% of SMBs express doubt that their marketing strategy is effective. Does this sound familiar? Read our Small Business Now Report to learn how you can tweak your strategy to see better results.

Go read our article
Upcoming Webinars
SEP 19
Achieve Your Goals with Multi-Channel Marketing Campaigns
2PM - 3PM EST