Events

LoriFCAA
Rookie

I cannot tell you how disappointing the changes you made to Events are. You took away the ability to include early bird cut off dates for when pricing changes; you added a new payment method, withdrew it without telling anyone (causing chaos) and stopped emailing the event coordinator when someone registered. It was much more difficult to create the event this year. I can't help but wonder...WHY? None of the changes are for the better

1 REPLY 1
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @LoriFCAA ,

The new event tool is an entirely different system that ties into the builders used for current landing pages, emails, etc., it's not an update/overhaul to the older system. If something is missing, our devs are likely already actively developing the function, or exploring options for development. I'd recommend checking out event-related Ideas threads, especially those marked with [Events 2.0] in their title, for relevant requests to vote and voice use cases.

For "early bird" pricing, you can set specific dates that a ticket is available/visible for selection

Our devs are looking into contracting with other payment processors for events, since PayPal is now the only available option (since WePay ended their contract after December 31, 2023). For the relevant feedback threads:

Our devs are finishing the notification function of the newer event tool, and will be releasing it in a future update. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Polls
How confident are you about the effectiveness of your current marketing strategy?

Top Choice: Not confident at all (67%)

73% of SMBs express doubt that their marketing strategy is effective. Does this sound familiar? Read our Small Business Now Report to learn how you can tweak your strategy to see better results.

Go read our article
Upcoming Webinars
Jun 05
Constant Contact Community Walkthrough and Demo
2PM - 3:00 PM EST
Jun 06
Maximize Your Marketing Impact with Vimeo & Constant Contact
2PM - 3PM EST
Jun 27
Boost Your Email Results with Segmentation & Personalization
2PM - 3PM EST