Formatting on landing page

SOLVED
Go to solution
JamieB59782
Campaign Collaborator
0 Votes

Has there been an update to the landing page formatting issue? I'm having the same problem of choosing a font and bolding, having it look find in the edit screen and in the preview, but once it's activated, the formatting is lost and the font and bolding is inconsistent. I know this has been an issue for years now. Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @JamieB59782 ,

Thank you for providing that follow-up information. There seems to be an issue that's involving the Design tab defaults for the CLP. 

The issue is that it's causing different behavior under different circumstances. When I set your original to be all Georgia by default, it still displayed as Arial in the link preview. In my own copy, even your original blocks that got copied over matched the Design tab defaults in the link previews. But, when I changed the Design tab default to completely different text so it only affected my recreation of your text block, the editor and preview versions looked as expected, but the link preview resulted in your old blocks being overwritten with the default.

I've submitted all this troubleshooting info to our higher level technical team to investigate further for a new issue write-up. They'll be following up via email after their investigation, however since it's resulting in a new issue write-up it's unlikely a precise fix will be immediately available.

agent copy - only old block with manually-set font is retained through Design font changes.png

agent copy - everything in Link PReview changes to Design Tab default fonts.png

In the meantime, please do not delete your original landing page, nor the CSCTEST_ copy of it. If you need to make a version of it to work on and publish, I'd advise copying my CSCTEST_, and giving it a distinctive name for your Campaigns records. Then you should be able to manipulate its Design tab defaults, and have that display for the link preview / live version. The block I recreated (denoted by ^^^^^^^ NEW BLOCK ^^^^^^^ ) will be the cleanest version, clear of any prior formatting before being re-typed into the block.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @JamieB59782 ,

Without more context, I'm not sure what landing page issue you're referring to. I checked your account, but I'm not seeing any previous cases mentioning the issue despite this being "an issue for years now." Could you please provide any screencaps, or additional context on your issue? Does the issue occur on multiple browsers, or in incognito/private mode? Are you able to apply the formatting in edits after the page is published?

William A
JamieB59782
Campaign Collaborator
0 Votes

Hi William,

Sorry for being unclear. This is our first landing page, so you are correct that there are no previous cases. When this issue came up and persisted, I looked in the Constant Contact community and on Reddit to see if there were any suggestions to fix this and found there are people with similar issues going back several years. Basically, I created the landing page and used the font Georgia on the text with information about several training sessions. It all looks great. But once it's published, when I open it online or on my phone, the font is changed and most lines that were bold are no longer so.  I'm going to attach screen shots to hopefully demonstrate what is happening.

JamieB59782
Campaign Collaborator
0 Votes

This first one is how the screen looks after I edit it. You'll see it is in Georgia font and the date/time and title are in bold.

LP in edit with Georgia font.png

JamieB59782
Campaign Collaborator
0 Votes

This screenshot is how it looks when I click preview, again with Georgia font and appropriate bolding.

LP in preview with Georgia font.png

JamieB59782
Campaign Collaborator
0 Votes

Finally, this last screen shot is how it looks both on my computer and on my phone when I use the link copied from the overview screen. This happens when I click the link, copy and paste it into my browser and when I email it to myself. The font is different and the bolding is inconsistent.

LP from link in CC diff font and bolding.png

JamieB59782
Campaign Collaborator
0 Votes

Please let me know if you have any suggestions on how to fix this. Thank you.

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @JamieB59782 ,

Thank you for providing that follow-up information. There seems to be an issue that's involving the Design tab defaults for the CLP. 

The issue is that it's causing different behavior under different circumstances. When I set your original to be all Georgia by default, it still displayed as Arial in the link preview. In my own copy, even your original blocks that got copied over matched the Design tab defaults in the link previews. But, when I changed the Design tab default to completely different text so it only affected my recreation of your text block, the editor and preview versions looked as expected, but the link preview resulted in your old blocks being overwritten with the default.

I've submitted all this troubleshooting info to our higher level technical team to investigate further for a new issue write-up. They'll be following up via email after their investigation, however since it's resulting in a new issue write-up it's unlikely a precise fix will be immediately available.

agent copy - only old block with manually-set font is retained through Design font changes.png

agent copy - everything in Link PReview changes to Design Tab default fonts.png

In the meantime, please do not delete your original landing page, nor the CSCTEST_ copy of it. If you need to make a version of it to work on and publish, I'd advise copying my CSCTEST_, and giving it a distinctive name for your Campaigns records. Then you should be able to manipulate its Design tab defaults, and have that display for the link preview / live version. The block I recreated (denoted by ^^^^^^^ NEW BLOCK ^^^^^^^ ) will be the cleanest version, clear of any prior formatting before being re-typed into the block.

William A
JohnM9714
Rookie
0 Votes

I am having the exact same problem with a newly created landing that has an embedded sign-up form. The font that I am using "Georgia" is not the font that appears in the preview, it looks like "Arial".  

Having the fonts display correctly is pretty important functionality.

Here is how the page should look -- 

http://vci2.ticdigitalmarketing.com/wp-content/uploads/2024/04/DESIGN-PAGE-IN-CONSTANT-CONTACT-V1-sc...

and here is how it looks in the preview -- 

http://vci2.ticdigitalmarketing.com/wp-content/uploads/2024/04/ACTIVE-PAGE-IN-CONSTANT-CONTACT-V1-sc...

Thanks -- John

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here

73% of SMBs express doubt that their marketing strategy is effective. Does this sound familiar? Read our Small Business Now Report to learn how you can tweak your strategy to see better results.

Go read our article
Upcoming Webinars
Jul 10
Constant Contact Community Walkthrough and Demo
2PM - 3:00 PM EST