Google Analytics 4 and email links

SOLVED
Go to solution
PaulC624
Rookie
0 Votes

Can email campaigns be tracked via GA4?   If so, how is this configured?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @PaulC624 ,

If you're wanting to use Google Analytics 4 for your email campaigns' links, you'll need to create a custom URL for each link you want to track. Please check out this article for more info.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @PaulC624 ,

If you're wanting to use Google Analytics 4 for your email campaigns' links, you'll need to create a custom URL for each link you want to track. Please check out this article for more info.

William A
JuliaL85
Rookie
0 Votes

I reviewed the article but have a question regarding inserting the link into the email. Is there any way to have the link invisible. We wouldn't necessary want to have a analytics link clickable in our email blast that doesn't have to do with the email.

Thanks!

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @JuliaL85 ,

Email links are automatically rewritten upon sending, and once the redirect occurs, shortened URLs should become the longform URL upon loading up (this may vary based on the browser settings). If you have further questions regarding how Google Analytics' shortened URLs translate upon loading up, I'd advise speaking directly with their support. 

William A
PaulC624
Rookie
0 Votes

Why can't Constant Contact automatically create these links for us?  Perhaps I am mistaken, but I could have sworn this used to be the case.

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Polls
How confident are you about the effectiveness of your current marketing strategy?

Top Choice: Not confident at all (82%)

Upcoming Webinars
Jun 05
Constant Contact Community Walkthrough and Demo
2PM - 3:00 PM EST