HTML and email templates

SOLVED
Go to solution
BetsyS682
Rookie
0 Votes

Does anyone know how to view source code for an email campaign built off a template? I'm looking to insert HTML code in a section of a template for an email campaign and was hoping there was a way to view source code in a draft email.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @BetsyS682 ,

If you wish to use HTML to build your email, we'd advise using the custom code editor. The regular email editor cannot have its HTML accessed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @BetsyS682 ,

If you wish to use HTML to build your email, we'd advise using the custom code editor. The regular email editor cannot have its HTML accessed.

William A
BetsyS682
Rookie
0 Votes

Ok I saw that.  I am basically looking to input a snippet of HTML into the template email, not draft an email from scratch.  Is there a way to get the HTML from the template I'm using and then import it into a new email using the custom code editor method?  Or is it just template or HTML and nothing in between?

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

The HTML of the regular email editor isn't accessible, so you'd need to choose whether you want to build the email wholly from HTML in the custom code editor, or build the email using the drag-and-drop method using the regular cross-platform/device editor (CPE).

William A
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here

73% of SMBs express doubt that their marketing strategy is effective. Does this sound familiar? Read our Small Business Now Report to learn how you can tweak your strategy to see better results.

Go read our article
Upcoming Webinars
Jul 10
Constant Contact Community Walkthrough and Demo
2PM - 3:00 PM EST