How to/automation?

SOLVED
Go to solution
ChelsyB3
Rookie

I have a series of emails I want to send to new customers as they sign up. I plan on sending them over a period of 6 weeks. I’ve already created the emails however I don’t have the contacts yet because it will be going to brand new customers only. Our new season starts next week.  I’d like to automate this process but I have no idea how to do this. Any help is appreciated!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
William_A
Administrator

Hello @ChelsyB3 ,

You'd want to setup an automation path with a trigger-type of joining a list. This will ensure that whether the new customers sign up via form or from you manually adding them, they'll trigger the automation to start sending to them. 

For guidance on setting up your automation, I'd recommend the following articles, which can also be accessed via the Help tab in your account:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

Elizabeth_K
Employee
0 Votes

I'll piggy back onto William's answer and mention that we have a "Welcome basic" template in the Automation Path Builder that would work well - it already has the "list join" trigger selected for you. Since your emails are already created, you can choose the "copy" option in the path builder to bring them into the path. This article explains how to do it.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
William_A
Administrator

Hello @ChelsyB3 ,

You'd want to setup an automation path with a trigger-type of joining a list. This will ensure that whether the new customers sign up via form or from you manually adding them, they'll trigger the automation to start sending to them. 

For guidance on setting up your automation, I'd recommend the following articles, which can also be accessed via the Help tab in your account:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
Elizabeth_K
Employee
0 Votes

I'll piggy back onto William's answer and mention that we have a "Welcome basic" template in the Automation Path Builder that would work well - it already has the "list join" trigger selected for you. Since your emails are already created, you can choose the "copy" option in the path builder to bring them into the path. This article explains how to do it.

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here

73% of SMBs express doubt that their marketing strategy is effective. Does this sound familiar? Read our Small Business Now Report to learn how you can tweak your strategy to see better results.

Go read our article
Upcoming Webinars
SEP 19
Achieve Your Goals with Multi-Channel Marketing Campaigns
2PM - 3PM EST
OCT 02
Constant Contact Community Walkthrough and Demo
2PM - 2:30PM EST