Got a 'How do I' question? Join our live 'Ask a Trainer' session happening now for instant help and pro tips!

Importing Contacts

StSusannaParish
Rookie
0 Votes

I am trying to create new contact lists. When I import a list it recognizes I have 113 contacts but only imports 61. Then list only reflects 61 one? I have always been able to create new list of name regardless if subscribed or not. What am I doing different or wrong? I need to be able to import a list of contacts and create different lists that may contain same email. How do I do this?

3 REPLIES 3
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @StSusannaParish ,

Are there any repeated contacts in the import? Are there any contacts missing email addresses from the column you selected for the email address field during import? Email addresses are what denote unique contacts, so if they're already in your list(s), or if they're in the imported file multiple times, it'll just maintain the latest imported info.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
StSusannaParish
Rookie
0 Votes

I have been able to contact create lists in the past that already previously exist in another contact list. Are you saying a person can only appear in one list?

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

No, I'm asking if among your 113 contacts, if you had any repeats or contacts who didn't have emails in the assigned email column.

Additionally, if a unique email address (what determines a unique contact) already exists in your account, it won't be re-uploaded, it'll just be updated- such as for list membership. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here

73% of SMBs express doubt that their marketing strategy is effective. Does this sound familiar? Read our Small Business Now Report to learn how you can tweak your strategy to see better results.

Go read our article
Upcoming Webinars
AUG 22
How Real Estate Agents Are Killing It Post-August 17th: Thriving Despite Industry Challenges
1PM - 2PM EST
AUG 29
A Blueprint for Year-End Fundraising Success
2PM - 3PM EST
SEP 04
Unlocking Growth for Franchise & Multi-Location Organizations
1PM - 2PM EST
SEP 04
Constant Contact Community Walkthrough and Demo
2PM - 3PM EST