Summarize Your Email with AI When Posting to Social Media

Multiple emails in uploads

OrTzion
Rookie
0 Votes

Good day,

I have a list that contains more than one email for people in the list. I uploaded the list into CC and both emails appeared. When I sent the email it seems that only one group got it and not the other. 

My question is, how do I ensure that everyone on the list receives the email?

Thank you,

Marie

3 REPLIES 3
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @OrTzion ,

When you imported the contacts, did you import the additional email addresses as actual email addresses, or were they added as a custom field? The system will only recognize email addresses if they're imported as actual email addresses- and thus unique contacts for contact management, permissions compliance, billing, email reporting, etc.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
OrTzion
Rookie
0 Votes

Thanks, William, for your reply. The secondary emails were part of the list and a custom field. So would that mean I would have to create them as a separate list so they can be recognized as actual email addresses? 

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

No, they just need to be listed as actual email adresses when uploading. That means that some people will be multiple, individual contacts in your account. If you want to be able to email their multiple addresses, then you'll need to have them separated out.

Essentially, you just need to re-upload your list and set the secondary email addresses as the assigned email address column, and the main email addresses to not import. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here

73% of SMBs express doubt that their marketing strategy is effective. Does this sound familiar? Read our Small Business Now Report to learn how you can tweak your strategy to see better results.

Go read our article
Upcoming Webinars
SEP 19
Achieve Your Goals with Multi-Channel Marketing Campaigns
2PM - 3PM EST