Summarize Your Email with AI When Posting to Social Media

New Bleed Margin on Images?

user52794
Rookie
0 Votes
I have been working in Constant Contact for over a year at my company and we don't use HTML to build them so for more detailed designs, we usually just upload an image. We have always had a formatted image be the header and footer of the email and usually I just upload the image and get rid of any spacing so it can be butted-up to the edge of the email. About a couple weeks ago I noticed that there is now a bleed on the header and footer images that I can't get rid of. This is not what I want at all because our header & footer images have a gradient background and you can clearly see the sliver of white where the bleed is at the top and bottom of the email. Was there a platform change that did this? Am I missing a setting?
5 REPLIES 5
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @user52794 ,

Do you have margins toggled for the images? In your Design tab, do you have a margin color or inner background color set that matches the bleed you're seeing?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
user52794
Rookie
0 Votes

No, I don't - they are turned off on the image and normally I just drag it to be full size and it meets the border. But there's still a small bleed at the top of the header image and the bottom of the footer.

I changed the inner background to pink so you can see in this example.

user52794_1-1725489271522.png

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

When I do a preview and test send of the email, I'm not seeing that extra bit coming through. Is this only occurring as a visual issue in the editor for you, or does it also occur in your test and actual sendouts?

William A
user52794
Rookie
0 Votes

It does appear to just be in the editor, is there a reason for this? I am fine to just ignore it if the send-out looks fine?

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

It might just be an odd fluke with the editor itself, especially to present movable blocks, which I've made note of for your account in our CRM. Based on some previous cases I've been able to find when this has occurred for other customers, it has not affected live sendouts after confirming the previews and test sends didn't show the bleeding.

When you do your next live sendout, if you notice the inner background bleeding through at the top and bottom of the emails, please let us know so we can escalate this further with our higher level technical teams. 

William A
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here

73% of SMBs express doubt that their marketing strategy is effective. Does this sound familiar? Read our Small Business Now Report to learn how you can tweak your strategy to see better results.

Go read our article
Upcoming Webinars
SEP 19
Achieve Your Goals with Multi-Channel Marketing Campaigns
2PM - 3PM EST