Summarize Your Email with AI When Posting to Social Media

Importing Canva Designs with Links

DonnaA793
Rookie
0 Votes

Hi folks!

This may be a silly question to all you CC pros out there, but I want to create a Canva document with links and then import it to Constant Contact, so it can be emailed to my list.  How do I get the links to work?  Is a pdf or jpeg document better to use, and can I have more than one link in the document?

Thanks!!

1 REPLY 1
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @DonnaA793 ,

Ultimately, PDFs can't be embedded into emails sent through us, so any links wouldn't be accessible from the email itself. Images can only have one link applied to them, so (for example) when you make an email from a PDF conversion, the image that's generated of the first page will be setup to automatically link to the associated PDF. Since click tracking rewrites can't be applied to external pages, there won't be any click reporting to gain from links within the actual document.

Generally speaking, Canva is best used to make standalone images that can be inserted via the email builder, or be linked to as fuller PDFs you host in your Constant Contact library or a cloud drive. You can obviously include as many links as you'd like in the PDF.

See also:

Inserting text links

Inserting image links

Inserting button links

Avoiding image-only emails

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here

73% of SMBs express doubt that their marketing strategy is effective. Does this sound familiar? Read our Small Business Now Report to learn how you can tweak your strategy to see better results.

Go read our article
Upcoming Webinars
SEP 19
Achieve Your Goals with Multi-Channel Marketing Campaigns
2PM - 3PM EST