Only 2 Weeks Remain in the Ready, Set, Send Challenge!

New problems with CC. WHAT HAS CHANGED?

fineschmecker
Campaign Expert

I am having numerous issues the last 2 weeks or so.

1. SIMPLY TYPING. It just stops typing.

2, Won't erase whole lines by backspacing. It just stops moving.

3. Previews are all screwed up. One time it send no images and only part of the written copy. Second time was better but still unacceptable. Images were there but text below that had been deleted and replaced was shown?

4. Pop up edit bar doesn't show up half the time to do edits on certain items?

This is not acceptable for the price we pay for this service. BTW, I have been on CC since 2008 or so.

10 REPLIES 10
MonteH31
Marketing Legend

Multiple users have now reported this issue where the text boxes lose focus after 10 seconds, but for some reason the posts are getting deleted/archived and/or the threads locked.

Unfortunately, the information being shared here is not accurate and therefore not helping anyone with this issue.

This is a known issue as confirmed by the reps in chat and from partner support.

This is not a connectivity issue, nor is this a Chrome issue. 

This bug has been confirmed on multiple OSs and in multiple browsers, and occurs ONLY on Constant Contact

We the users would greatly appreciate if you would take this seriously, as it is affecting many many customers.

MonteH31
Marketing Legend

The issue where the typing stops is due to the issue where the text boxes are losing focus, as mentioned numerous times in this forum in the last two weeks.  That is not a connectivity issue, but instead has been confirmed as a known issue by tech support.

This bug is repeatable on multiple OSs and in multiple browsers and occurs only on Constant Contact.  Please look into this.

Caitlin_M
Administrator
0 Votes

Hi @fineschmecker and @MonteH31. Our teams are aware of a delay in typing in some campaigns and it is being looked into. We don't have any additional information to share at this time in regards to a fix. 

@fineschmecker - The typing issue should not affect images so this will need to be troubleshooted separately. Is this only occurring in your account or within test emails as well?

--

Caitlin M.
Community Manager
fineschmecker
Campaign Expert
0 Votes

Hello-

I am pretty sure the issue I was having came from editing a Legacy (OLD) email from the old pre-updated CC.

I often take older emails I have created in the past and copy them and start adding & subtracting to create new emails. I think this was the problem of non-compatibility. When I sent test emails images were missing or script was there instead of an image? Not sure if that was from the same issue, but likely was. Coding was not the same as it was when first created. 

MonteH31
Marketing Legend

NB - this is not a "delay" in typing.  Typing becomes impossible because the text box has lost focus.  It is necessary to click back into the text box to continue typing.

Please spread this info around to your employees so they stop providing incorrect advice regarding it being a connectivity issue or telling people it is just a problem in their computer, neither of which is accurate nor helpful.  Thank you.

ManfredF14
Rookie

I thought I was losing my mind until I found this thread! This must be the result of a recent internal update within Constant Contact, as it's only started for me within the last couple months. It's disappointing to see that the issue still isn't resolved. @Caitlin_M are you able to provide any sort of update? 

JackB
Campaign Contributor

Seeing the same issue here on macOS Sonoma 14.5, Safari version 17.5. I cannot tell you how incredibly frustrating it is to have my text fields lose focus all day long in our newsletters. This is surely going to result in people sending out half-written communications. This issue is only appearing for me when using Constant Contact.

fineschmecker
Campaign Expert
0 Votes

Ok, Jack are you using older templates that have been modified or edited and sent out again? Or are your emails newly created emails sent out for the first time?

JackB
Campaign Contributor
0 Votes

These are mostly new emails, but I have seen the same behavior when using the Copy button on an existing campaign, and then changing the content.

fineschmecker
Campaign Expert
0 Votes

Ok, last email I did, which was a NEW template still had some of the same issues with typing text and also not seeing the edit box to bold or underline or center justify images. Not as bad perhaps, but still occurring. Sad!

Featured Article

Use Sections to Build Email Campaigns Faster and Improve Engagement Rates

Using Sections while designing your marketing email not only increases your own efficiency but helps you to deliver a more friendly, organized message. Check out some of the key benefits of using sections in email.

See Article

Featured Thread

Casual Conversations: What's your go-to playlist?

If you listen to music while you work, share your playlist below so we can be inspired and maybe find some new music!

View thread

Featured Thread

Ready, Set, Send Challenge Week 5: Reporting

Discover tips for maximizing engagement after you hit send!

Join challenge
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here

73% of SMBs express doubt that their marketing strategy is effective. Does this sound familiar? Read our Small Business Now Report to learn how you can tweak your strategy to see better results.

Go read our article
Upcoming Webinars
OCT 24
Engage and Convert: The Email and Social Media Power Play
2PM - 3PM EST