Summarize Your Email with AI When Posting to Social Media

Personalizing the subject line on Basic Plan

BrianG149
Rookie

I'm new to this. I composed an email and clicked the 'Personalize' button at the end of the subject line, chose 'First' (name), but when I sent test emails, the names don't appear in the subject line. In the help section it says that this feature 'may not be available' in my plan, and I'm encouraged to upgrade. Is this the case?

3 REPLIES 3
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @BrianG149 ,

Your plan allows for personalization, otherwise, you'd have received a prompt to upgrade. Certain personalization elements won't function in test sends since their coding explicitly requires certain contact fields, and test sends don't link to actual contacts- they just go to whatever email address is entered for them.

If you want to be absolutely sure of certain personalization elements, you may need to send the email to a list with just your contact info in it as part of a live test.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
BrianG149
Rookie
0 Votes

Thank you!

Chris-S
Administrator
0 Votes

Welcome @BrianG149

@William_A is the expert, he will have all the answers for you. I also recommend you check out our New Customer Hub which has a bunch of starting resources from tutorials to vidoes.

Elevate your marketing with Constant Contact's Professional Design Services! From eye-catching email templates to custom branding and social media graphics, our professional design services are tailored to boost your business's impact and engagement.

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here

73% of SMBs express doubt that their marketing strategy is effective. Does this sound familiar? Read our Small Business Now Report to learn how you can tweak your strategy to see better results.

Go read our article
Upcoming Webinars
SEP 19
Achieve Your Goals with Multi-Channel Marketing Campaigns
2PM - 3PM EST