RSVP Not working for ~ 5% that click.

MichaelM36106
Campaign Contributor
0 Votes

I added an RSVP block to a campaign. When I sent the results around, ~ 5% of the members said they selected a button, but it did not register in the report. Does anyone know what is happening?

4 REPLIES 4
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @MichaelM36106 ,

For the sake of troubleshooting, please provide responses to the following questions:

• Is there anything similar about the contacts that you believe weren't reported as clicking - such as the same domain or organization?
  • Did they explicitly see the Thank You page after selecting a response? 
  • Were these actual contacts, or are they people the email was forwarded to? Or did they click the RSVP options in a webpage version of the email, such as one shared on social media, or generated by their email client?
  • Is their email address a role address - i.e. manager@,  admin@,  etc.?
  • Was the email in their spam/junk folder when they clicked in the RSVP?
  • Do you know if the tracking link was stripped by the contacts' network(s)?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
MichaelM36106
Campaign Contributor
0 Votes

Hi William,

Thank you for your help.

I’ll try to answer the questions below:

For the sake of troubleshooting, please provide responses to the following questions:

• Is there anything similar about the contacts that you believe weren't reported as clicking - such as the same domain or organization?  
    • No, 2 were gmail.com, one was aol.com. There could have been more. These are the three we found.
  • Did they explicitly see the Thank You page after selecting a response? 
    • I have asked but they don’t remember.
  • Were these actual contacts, or are they people the email was forwarded to? Or did they click the RSVP options in a webpage version of the email, such as one shared on social media, or generated by their email client?
    • Actual contacts. Board members of the club. So there could be many more missing.
  • Is their email address a role address - i.e. manager@,  admin@,  etc.?  
    • No
  • Was the email in their spam/junk folder when they clicked in the RSVP?
    • No
  • Do you know if the tracking link was stripped by the contacts' network(s)?
    • I have no idea, how would I find out?

any other clues?

thanks,

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

For the last one, the easiest would be a matter of asking the affected contacts to check the hyperlink that shows when they mouse over the links, down in the bottom-left corner. If it shows the r20.rs6 link rewrite for tracking, then it should have been triggering correctly. If it shows anything else, that might be part of the cause.

The only other thing I can think of is if the email program / app they tried to read the email through might've affected it. Do you know if the affected contacts all use the same device type or email app for reading their emails - for example if they all use Apple Mail or the native Android app?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
MichaelM36106
Campaign Contributor
0 Votes

This RSVP too is supposed to save me time, but I find it unreliable and costing me more time and frustration because now I do not have a reliable count for our caterer.  It is more cost effective and reliable to just have them reply to the email.

-Mike

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Jun 05
Constant Contact Community Walkthrough and Demo
2PM - 3:00 PM EST