Register button in event invitation?

Bbeach
Campaign Expert
0 Votes

When I insert a "Register" button into my event invite, why does this automatically use the "Event Link" - that is, the landing page for the event, which is completely redundant as it has all the same information they would have just seen in my invitation. Now they have to click ANOTHER "Register" button to actually sign up for the event? Why can't I change the link to the Registration URL? If I have a button that says "Register," it should take them straight to registration. Now, I could add a standard button and link that to the registration URL, but I can't put it where I want it because for some reason, all the event "blocks" have to be together. Why can't I place standard content in between event blocks? 

1 REPLY 1
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @Bbeach ,

Like the Read More block, the Event block is a specialized block that combined multiple block types into a singularly coded function. If your event has an active landing page, then it will default to linking to that every time. 

You can delete Event block elements you don't want displayed in the email, and can add your own "Register" button that links directly to the event's registration page, if you prefer that setup.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here

73% of SMBs express doubt that their marketing strategy is effective. Does this sound familiar? Read our Small Business Now Report to learn how you can tweak your strategy to see better results.

Go read our article
Upcoming Webinars
JUN 27
Boost Your Email Results with Segmentation & Personalization
2PM - 3PM EST
JUL 10
Getting Started with the Constant Contact Community
2PM - 3PM EST