Want to promote your business? Share your social media links here for all to see!

Remove Fine Print on Sign Up Forms

DerekHagen
Rookie
0 Votes

I'm looking for a way to have a sign up form with just email address box and subscribe button. I can't figure out how to remove the fine print. Any thoughts welcome! Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Caitlin_M
Administrator
0 Votes

Hi @DerekHagen. The verbiage cannot be removed from any of our sign-up forms so it is made clear to your contacts where they will be receiving emails from. You can change the verbiage in a sign up form footer from "marketing emails" to something that is more along the lines of the types of emails you are sending, such as "newsletters" or "updates". This is the only customization that can be done.

--

Caitlin M.
Community Manager
DerekHagen
Rookie
0 Votes

Fair enough. I can't quite understand who wouldn't know they were going to get emails when I say "subscribe to my newsletter." 

There's something I don't understand, though. Why is your own website not following the rules we have to follow?

Take a look at this page: https://www.constantcontact.com/features/landing-pages

I can enter my email address here without Constant Contact telling me I am going to get emails from you. It's at the top of the page (only disclaimer is "No risk. No credit card required." It's also at the bottom where it says "Ready to get started?"

I understand if there's a rule, but if that's true, I'm curious why Constant Contact doesn't need to follow it.

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here

73% of SMBs express doubt that their marketing strategy is effective. Does this sound familiar? Read our Small Business Now Report to learn how you can tweak your strategy to see better results.

Go read our article
Upcoming Webinars
Aug 07
Constant Contact Community Walkthrough and Demo
2:00 PM - 3:00 PM EST
Jul 25
Webinar: Master Your Digital Marketing Metrics
2:00 PM - 3:00 PM EST