Check out the Latest Product Updates for Summer 2024!

Scheduled campaign time zone glitch

pearll0
Rookie
0 Votes

Hi! I have a problem with time zones and campaign scheduling that I'm pretty sure is a system glitch, and I'd like to know how to fix it.

To summarize, our account's regional settings for time zone are "GMT+08:00".

Screen Capture 005 - Constant Contact - app.constantcontact.com.jpg

However, when we try to schedule an email campaign, it refers to the release time as "CST":

Screen Capture 004 - Constant Contact - app.constantcontact.com.jpg

And if we send it out, then on the individual campaign's "Details" page, it lists the release time in "CST":

Screen Capture 002 - Constant Contact - app.constantcontact.com.jpg 

But on the "Campaigns" page, it shows the release time in GMT+8:

Screen Capture 003 - Constant Contact - app.constantcontact.com.jpg

And the email campaign is dispatched based on the GMT+8 time, not the CST time.

Is there a reason for this? Is there a way to fix this glitch?

Top Answer
William_A
Administrator

Hello @pearll0 ,

CST can be US Central Standard Time (UTC-06) or China Standard Time (UTC+08). Sometimes CST in other programs and software can also be Australian Central Standard Time (UTC+0930), or Cuban Summer Time (UTC-04). Unfortunately, this is just a byproduct of acronyms.

2 REPLIES 2
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @pearll0 ,

CST can be US Central Standard Time (UTC-06) or China Standard Time (UTC+08). Sometimes CST in other programs and software can also be Australian Central Standard Time (UTC+0930), or Cuban Summer Time (UTC-04). Unfortunately, this is just a byproduct of acronyms.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
pearll0
Rookie
0 Votes

Fair enough, we'll just have to get used to it. Can I make a feature request about this? Can CC implement an option to select "GMT" as the default display method for time zones across all pages/panels? Or at least have the system use one or the other, rather than have the system using both intermittently?

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here

73% of SMBs express doubt that their marketing strategy is effective. Does this sound familiar? Read our Small Business Now Report to learn how you can tweak your strategy to see better results.

Go read our article
Upcoming Webinars
Jul 10
Constant Contact Community Walkthrough and Demo
2PM - 3:00 PM EST