Some fonts change size after sending

SOLVED
Go to solution
user838099
Campaign Contributor
0 Votes
Some fonts in my test email are smaller than in my draft email while others (with identical formatting) are the size as intended. I realize that the correct text is assigned to "Body text" (under the "Design" tab) because it changes in my email when I adjust that parameter. How do I assign my problem text to "Body text", or any of the other styles (Heading, Feature heading, Feature text, Article heading, Article text) for that matter?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Nick_S
Administrator

Hi @user838099,

I totally understand wanting a more streamlined solution and I'll see if we're tracking feedback on a feature like that!

Looking to level up your email template designs? Share your email campaigns in Template Feedback & Inspiration and receive valuable advice from Constant Contact experts and industry peers!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Caitlin_M
Administrator

Hi @user838099. Is this happening in any particular email client (Gmail, Outlook, etc) or on one device (desktop or mobile)? Also, are you typing directly in a new text block that already has the Body Text assigned to it or changing the size of the text with an existing text block?

--

Caitlin M.
Community Manager
user838099
Campaign Contributor
0 Votes

It is all within Outlook as it is for internal communications at my employer. I usually import text in from another program (Word or Sharepoint) and then reformat for appearance. 

Caitlin_M
Administrator

Thank you for that information. I'm wondering if this is a copy/paste issue where it will carry over some code that Outlook is changing when it is received. If you paste the text into a program like Notepad first and then paste it into your email, will it then show properly after making the changes?

--

Caitlin M.
Community Manager
user838099
Campaign Contributor
0 Votes

I recreated those elements with text imported from Notepad, and it worked. I was hoping for an easier solution, like selecting text and assigning it to "Body text" as one would in Word, but oh well.  Thanks very much for your prompt assistance! 

Nick_S
Administrator

Hi @user838099,

I totally understand wanting a more streamlined solution and I'll see if we're tracking feedback on a feature like that!

Looking to level up your email template designs? Share your email campaigns in Template Feedback & Inspiration and receive valuable advice from Constant Contact experts and industry peers!

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Polls
How confident are you about the effectiveness of your current marketing strategy?

Top Choice: Not confident at all (82%)

Upcoming Webinars
Jun 05
Constant Contact Community Walkthrough and Demo
2PM - 3:00 PM EST