Summarize Your Email with AI When Posting to Social Media

Stale Subscriber List

SOLVED
Go to solution
SpigitI
Rookie
0 Votes

It would be helpful if Constant Contact could add contacts who have not opened a campaign in one calendar year (or longer) to a Stale Contacts list (in addition to whatever list they belong to).  This would help administrators evaluate potentially stale contacts and purge them, eliminating unwanted email.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
SpigitI
Rookie
0 Votes

The link that helped was a level down from the ones you provided.  This page helped me understand how to setup a custom segment to show what I was looking for:  Create a segment of contacts by choosing specific criteria (constantcontact.com)

Thanksl

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @SpigitI ,

What you're describing sounds like the existing low engagement segmentation, which you can access and add to lists for either sending to or removing from your account.

You can also manually perform this functionality by segmenting contacts who've chronically not opened your emails. You can then further manage this segment by adding it to a list, determining which contacts may still be worth keeping (such as very recent additions based on Date Added), and then deleting all the remaining non-openers and the segment list.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
SpigitI
Rookie
0 Votes

Thanks for sharing the information about segmentation.  That approaches what I'm looking for, but I can't tell what "least engaged" means.  It would helpful to either explain what precisely means in the FAQ or make that a customizable option in a custom segmentation.

Thanks.

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

From our article on understanding email engagement:

• Least engaged - The contacts that rarely open your emails or click the buttons and links.

This is calculated based on your total subscribed contacts, how often you send emails out, and these individual contacts' open and click rates for the emails they're sent.

The second paragraph of my original response is essentially the way to make your own custom version of this engagement stat, since you can adjust the time period, number of emails, or specificity of clicks vs. opens.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
SpigitI
Rookie
0 Votes

The link that helped was a level down from the ones you provided.  This page helped me understand how to setup a custom segment to show what I was looking for:  Create a segment of contacts by choosing specific criteria (constantcontact.com)

Thanksl

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here

73% of SMBs express doubt that their marketing strategy is effective. Does this sound familiar? Read our Small Business Now Report to learn how you can tweak your strategy to see better results.

Go read our article
Upcoming Webinars
SEP 19
Achieve Your Goals with Multi-Channel Marketing Campaigns
2PM - 3PM EST