Summarize Your Email with AI When Posting to Social Media

Sudden increase in Opens

SOLVED
Go to solution
SteveH73
Campaign Collaborator
0 Votes

My Open rate went from around 800 to 1900 - I like to think this is because of me but I doubt that. Was there and error in reporting open rates recently?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @SteveH73 ,

If the recipients are downloading the 1x1 tracking pixel, then it's going to count as an open. If they're using a security program to download this image to scan it for malware, it might affect the unique open track, similar to how clicks may be affected if the security program "clicks" links to check them.

Was there any difference in the sendouts with the higher open rate, compared to other sendouts you've done? A different list, significant difference in email content or subject, a change of sending address, or anything to that effect?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
IlisaF
Rookie
0 Votes

The same thing happened to us, so I'm hoping someone can provide some insight.  I know at least one "open" that actually went directly to the recipient's spam folder. 

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @SteveH73 ,

If the recipients are downloading the 1x1 tracking pixel, then it's going to count as an open. If they're using a security program to download this image to scan it for malware, it might affect the unique open track, similar to how clicks may be affected if the security program "clicks" links to check them.

Was there any difference in the sendouts with the higher open rate, compared to other sendouts you've done? A different list, significant difference in email content or subject, a change of sending address, or anything to that effect?

William A
SteveH73
Campaign Collaborator
0 Votes

No Difference what so ever.  I doubt my readers use any tracking pixel

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

The tracking pixel is something we include, it's the only thing that determines whether an email is opened or not. Make sure to check the linked article if you need more info on that.

William A
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here

73% of SMBs express doubt that their marketing strategy is effective. Does this sound familiar? Read our Small Business Now Report to learn how you can tweak your strategy to see better results.

Go read our article
Upcoming Webinars
SEP 19
Achieve Your Goals with Multi-Channel Marketing Campaigns
2PM - 3PM EST