Tickets for Events

AllieH93
Rookie
We are creating an invite and tracking RSVPs for a corporate event, but we don't want our guests that RSVP to think they need a ticket. Is there a way to turn off the ticket option or create an event without a ticket?
6 REPLIES 6
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @AllieH93 ,

Tickets are a requirement for events 2.0 as that's what tracks actual admission/registration, even if your actual event doesn't require a physical/digital ticket for entry or not.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
WhitneyM28
Campaign Collaborator

Has this been updated at all? It's a terrible limitatin and looks sloppy. 

TanyaC53
Campaign Expert

See screenshot for 1 of the 2 unecessary steps we are forced to have our users click through because of this limitation.

Screenshot 2024-02-16 at 3.58.57 PM.png

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @TanyaC53 ,

If your registrants are prompted to pay for something - whether that's an add-on or a ticket, then they'll be prompted to select a payment option. If everything they select has no cost, then they won't be prompted to select a payment method for anything.

The only time you are required to select payment options for your event setup, is if a ticket or addon has a cost to it. If your tickets and addons are all set to free, then you won't have to select a payment option to activate / save the event.

I just re-tested this in my own account to make sure, and can confirm that's how it works. 

William A
TanyaC53
Campaign Expert
0 Votes

How exactly can I create an event and NOT create a ticket? The tool REQUIRES it. 

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Tickets are a necessary component for tracking registrations and other event data within the system at this time.

William A
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
May 01
Constant Contact Community Walkthrough and Demo
2PM - 3:00 PM EST