Master email marketing fundamentals and transform your business. Join the Ready, Set, Send Challenge!

Transparent Inner Background for Section

ChrisM25
Rookie
0 Votes

I am assisting a client with a new email client and was able to build a template in a test account which included a transparent inner background in the main section, allowing the pattern of the outer background to show through.

When I tried to build the same template in the client’s account, I am unable to get this transparency to occur.  I have gone back to my build and it all looks the same.

Does anyone have an idea of how I managed the transparent inner background for the section?

3 REPLIES 3
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @ChrisM25 ,

Is the image you're using in the section the exact same one used in the tester account? Are you inserting it via the section editor, or the Design lefthand menu

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
ChrisM25
Rookie
0 Votes

Hi William-

Yes the background image I am using for the sections outbackground is the same in both accounts.  I inserted the background image using the section editor.  When I inspect the section inner background while previewing the email using the browser inspector, I can see the test one I built is set with a transparent background and the client’s version is showing #fff.  Not sure how I managed to set the background transparent.

Test preview: 

<td class="shell_content-cell" style="background-color: transparent; padding: 0; border: 0 solid #ffffff;" align="center" valign="top" bgcolor="transparent">

Client Preview:

<td class="shell_content-cell" style="background-color: #ffffff; padding: 0; border: 0px solid #ffffff;" align="center" valign="top" bgcolor="#ffffff">

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

To troubleshoot this further, we'll need to be able to see both accounts, and may need to screenshare to see how you went about uploading and inserting the image, to see what would stand out as different about the situations or email designs. I'd advise calling our general support so we can do that screenshare, and provide live troubleshooting between the two individual accounts. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here

73% of SMBs express doubt that their marketing strategy is effective. Does this sound familiar? Read our Small Business Now Report to learn how you can tweak your strategy to see better results.

Go read our article
Upcoming Webinars
SEP 30
How to Segment Your Email List in Constant Contact
11AM - 12PM EST