Master email marketing fundamentals and transform your business. Join the Ready, Set, Send Challenge!

Unsubscribed emails

HonestyB
Rookie
0 Votes

I have deleted unsubscribed emails every day for a week.  They keep coming back every morning.  Super time-consuming.  Does anyone have any advice to get rid of these emails permanently?  thank you

3 REPLIES 3
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @HonestyB ,

Are they resubscribing to you, or are they remaining unsubscribed? Are you running any integrations or anything that would auto-import the contacts back into your account without changing permissions, thus resulting in the unsubbed contacts being re-imported as such?

I checked your Import/Export activity page, and I'm seeing an "other app" is importing hundreds of contacts, most of which are merely updates to your existing. This indicates that whichever integration/app you're utilizing for auto-imports is resulting in these deleted unsubs being re-imported. You'd either need to remove those unsubbed contacts from that other app, or simply ignore your unsubscribed list on the Constant Contact side. Since it's generally recommended to maintain a record of unsubscribed contacts, I'd recommend letting them stay in your Constant Contact account, especially since they don't count toward your active, billable contacts.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
HonestyB
Rookie
0 Votes

I delete from both apps every day and they keep showing up

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Then it means there's a different app that's importing these contacts. Since the emails are being imported from an external source, we wouldn't have the ability to troubleshoot or access it. I'd advise checking all CRMs and other contact databases you'd be utilizing on your account, to see which would still contain and be forcing those unsubbed contacts through.

Otherwise, the nuclear option would be to have our support team revoke all external app permissions, and have you manually re-add them. If you feel this is necessary, despite unsubscribed contacts not actively contributing to your billing or metrics, then please call our general support for further assistance. They'll need to confirm security permissions live, and then go through our admin system to revoke your account's plugins.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here

73% of SMBs express doubt that their marketing strategy is effective. Does this sound familiar? Read our Small Business Now Report to learn how you can tweak your strategy to see better results.

Go read our article
Upcoming Webinars
SEP 30
How to Segment Your Email List in Constant Contact
11AM - 12PM EST