Got a 'How do I' question? Join our live 'Ask a Trainer' session happening now for instant help and pro tips!

Using Asian languages in event landing pages, and in emails...

SOLVED
Go to solution
DerekS1
Campaign Collaborator
0 Votes

When using Asian languages in the event landing page, all the characters change to:  Is there any way I can use asian languages and not have it destroy the text?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
DerekS1
Campaign Collaborator

Korean.  When I entered the text, most of the time it changed to Boxes or arrows after I saved and refreshed the page.  But, there was a magical time, when everything came together. I had to click everything in just the right order, save the text box, save the page, finish, etc. I believe I also included a tag, in HTML  a tag that said meta charset="UTF-8" ... Not sure if that did it or not.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @DerekS1 ,

At this time, most non-Latin text won't save and display properly in the current event tool's landing pages and registration forms. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
DerekS1
Campaign Collaborator
0 Votes

Interesting, I actually got it to work!  Not sure how/why but it was hit and miss, on whether it would save as Asian text or not. But, my event landing page is up, with non-english text!

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Interesting, is there a particular language or text you used?

William A
DerekS1
Campaign Collaborator

Korean.  When I entered the text, most of the time it changed to Boxes or arrows after I saved and refreshed the page.  But, there was a magical time, when everything came together. I had to click everything in just the right order, save the text box, save the page, finish, etc. I believe I also included a tag, in HTML  a tag that said meta charset="UTF-8" ... Not sure if that did it or not.

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Interesting, I'll make note of that for the existing tracking for the issue. Thank you very much for the follow-up.

William A
DerekS1
Campaign Collaborator
0 Votes

Is there a way to send you a private message? I can send you the event page, and you can look at it.

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

I'm able to grab a screencap from the account, along with the event's name and URL, and attach it to the case generated from your original post.

William A
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Polls
How confident are you about the effectiveness of your current marketing strategy?

Top Choice: Not confident at all (77%)

73% of SMBs express doubt that their marketing strategy is effective. Does this sound familiar? Read our Small Business Now Report to learn how you can tweak your strategy to see better results.

Go read our article
Upcoming Webinars
Jun 05
Constant Contact Community Walkthrough and Demo
2PM - 3:00 PM EST