Workaround for manually updating/correcting email within an individual contact.

DanitaK
Rookie
0 Votes

I contacted help desk who said there is a known bug in updating/correcting an email address in a specific contact.  They offered the below workaround, but I still can't figure out how to do or what the below means.

I keep getting error message "This email address already exists in your account." (which isn't the case)

From online chat w/help desk:

While we work on an overall fix, we have the following solution to offer you in the meantime, you can try this workaround.

1. As a workaround please add the email you're attempting to change it to, using the "Type or Paste Contacts" option.
  2. Then, change the email address to something different, ie "test@test.com", but DO NOT delete it yet.
  3. Once this is done, you should be able to update the original contact and delete the contact you changed in the previous step.
Top Answer
William_A
Administrator

Hello @DanitaK ,

Which part are you having trouble with? In all honesty, the easiest method would be to simply upload the new email address as a fresh, new contact, with the accompanying contact info associated via the type/paste multiple or file upload methods. Make sure the "new" contact is being added to the appropriate lists during the upload. 

1 REPLY 1
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @DanitaK ,

Which part are you having trouble with? In all honesty, the easiest method would be to simply upload the new email address as a fresh, new contact, with the accompanying contact info associated via the type/paste multiple or file upload methods. Make sure the "new" contact is being added to the appropriate lists during the upload. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
May 01
Constant Contact Community Walkthrough and Demo
2PM - 3:00 PM EST