broken unsubscribe link

HelenR04
Campaign Collaborator

For the first time, today, when I do the check before scheduling my email - I got a notice that the unsubscribe link in the footer is broken.  I actually went to it in the preview mode, and it does not seem to work.  

That isn't something I can fix in the footer. 

Anything from Constant Contact about this??

5 REPLIES 5
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @HelenR04 ,

This is functioning as intended, since the unsubscribe link isn't supposed to work prior to sending out (previews and test sends). When sent, it will be coded so that the email address being directly sent to can explicitly unsubscribe from you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
BethD469
Campaign Collaborator

Hello @William_A ,

I am also experiencing @HelenR04 's issue for the first time in the many years I've been using Constant Contact. I understand that the unsubscribe link does not function until the email is live. I think our question is more, why are we suddenly getting an error message about the unsubscribe link when performing a "Check for Errors" under "Preview & Test"? Is this related to an update on CC's end, or is it a glitch?

Thanks,

Beth

Nick_S
Administrator

Hi @BethD469 and @HelenR04,

Thank you for the additional information. I did some more digging and it does look like this experience is something we're tracking and investigating. We recently made updates to the footer section so it is more customizable, which I think is why this error only recently started appearing. I'll track this in your accounts so you can be notified when a resolution is found.

Elevate your marketing with Constant Contact's Professional Design Services! From eye-catching email templates to custom branding and social media graphics, our professional design services are tailored to boost your business's impact and engagement.

LifeC7
Rookie
0 Votes

Hello,

I am having the same issue with unsubscribe. When will this be resolved and i this only for the test or when I send live? Thank you.

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

This is simply a visual glitch with the current customizable footers. The unsubscribe link and its coding is fully handled on the backend, and isn't something you need to worry about in regards to the "Check for Errors" warning.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here

73% of SMBs express doubt that their marketing strategy is effective. Does this sound familiar? Read our Small Business Now Report to learn how you can tweak your strategy to see better results.

Go read our article
Upcoming Webinars
JUN 27
Boost Your Email Results with Segmentation & Personalization
2PM - 3PM EST
JUL 10
Getting Started with the Constant Contact Community
2PM - 3PM EST