event communication options

BerryK
Campaign Contributor
0 Votes

Hi there,

I have set up an event since a long time and notice that a lot of options are not available. Here is my wish list:

1. Seamless integration with zoom, so people don't have to register for the event on Constant Contact AND register again on Zoom. Can we just send them the zoom link?

2. The option to edit text in reminder messages to participants

3. The option to send auto reminders to the event registrants 1. the week of, 2. 24 hours in advance, 3. one hour in advance. 

I find the event set up wonky and not up to technological standards that I'm used to in other apps. It is disappointing to find out and I'd like to ask you to make adjustments so this part of Constant Contact works better for the user and the current demands of our clients. I may need to take my events to another app in the meantime.

Thanks for your prompt attention. 

Top Answer
William_A
Administrator

Hello @BerryK ,

Are you able to provide a link to your Zoom meeting that wouldn't require re-registering? When my coworkers need to utilize Zoom for a special meeting or something related, I'm just given a direct link that opens Zoom without any further registrations or other elements. You'd simply include this URL in the text of your automated notification follow-ups, or you'd include them as links in your emails to just the registrants. You could also include the URL as part of the event's description, or include it in the invitation email(s).

See also:

Text links

Image links

Button links

_______

You can edit the wording of the basic, automated notifications that registrants receive, in the newer event builder.

2.PNG

_______

You can schedule / send emails to registrants-only with those time frames / dates set up, in the newer event builder.  It's one of the available options when you create an email in the event.

Capture.PNG

5 REPLIES 5
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @BerryK ,

Are you able to provide a link to your Zoom meeting that wouldn't require re-registering? When my coworkers need to utilize Zoom for a special meeting or something related, I'm just given a direct link that opens Zoom without any further registrations or other elements. You'd simply include this URL in the text of your automated notification follow-ups, or you'd include them as links in your emails to just the registrants. You could also include the URL as part of the event's description, or include it in the invitation email(s).

See also:

Text links

Image links

Button links

_______

You can edit the wording of the basic, automated notifications that registrants receive, in the newer event builder.

2.PNG

_______

You can schedule / send emails to registrants-only with those time frames / dates set up, in the newer event builder.  It's one of the available options when you create an email in the event.

Capture.PNG

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
BerryK
Campaign Contributor
0 Votes

Thanks. Yes, I can include the zoom link in the response email. Thanks.

But I still can't edit the reminder or follow up message in the place that you've indicated in your 2nd picture. the pre-populated text is useless (especially in the follow up message) to me and I'd like to edit, add my own words and link to documents and recording etc. Is there another place/way to do that?

And I'd like to be able to send reminders to the event at different time frames, like Calendly does it. Is not possible now on Constant contact. This is super important nowadays. 

Thanks

BerryK
Campaign Contributor
0 Votes

okay, never mind on the question about editing the follow up message. I finally found a way to do that. Still would like the reminder option in events. 

Thanks.

Nick_S
Administrator
0 Votes

Hi @BerryK,

I'm glad you were able to find out how to edit the follow-up message! And I appreciate your feedback about having control over the time frames for event reminders. I will submit that feedback to our developers.

Looking to level up your email template designs? Share your email campaigns in Template Feedback & Inspiration and receive valuable advice from Constant Contact experts and industry peers!

BerryK
Campaign Contributor
0 Votes

Thanks so much, that would be super helpful!

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
May 01
Constant Contact Community Walkthrough and Demo
2PM - 3:00 PM EST