Get help with your automation

Nick_S
Administrator

Are you working on setting up your automation? Share your questions below and get helpful advice and feedback to get you started.

If you haven't taken the plunge just yet, we've also provided some helpful best practices and use cases that might inspire your work!

Automation can be a helpful tool that saves you time and keeps your marketing on even when you’re off. You don’t have to recreate new emails every time you want to send something out, especially if your message isn’t changing much. 

First figure out what you want to say, then figure out the right time to send it. Set up emails to send based on actions like joining a list, taking an action or just simply triggering after a certain amount of time. 

Related: Automate to Innovate: Marketing Automation Examples to Inspire

Here’s a couple examples of different use cases for Automation:

Welcome emails

Welcome emails can be short and sweet. You’re greeting your new or prospective customers, setting the tone for your brand, and highlighting next steps.

Click image to enlargeClick image to enlarge

Related: How to Set Up an Effective Automated Welcome Email Series

Lead nurturing

Lead nurturing helps build confidence with your prospective customer/donor by carefully curating a series of emails based on how they’ve interacted with your brand/company.

Click image to enlargeClick image to enlarge

Related: How to Automate Your Marketing Like a Pro: A guide to effective email and text marketing automation

When it comes to Automation, the sky's the limit!

Looking to level up your email template designs? Share your email campaigns in Template Feedback & Inspiration and receive valuable advice from Constant Contact experts and industry peers!

3 REPLIES 3
access_comms
Rookie
0 Votes

Hi there. I'm trying to get a simple automation done. The folks on chat could not help me, so I'm trying here in the hopes I can get some clarification. I'd like an automated email sent to anyone who is added to specific lists. In the knowledge base, it says:

"Design tip: If you have contacts that you're manually moving onto a different list, and you want to trigger a communication to send to them, create a custom path and select the "Added to specific list" trigger instead of creating a welcome path."

The problem is, I don't have that option in my create a custom path menu. Here's what my menu looks like:

access_comms_0-1692806226725.png

I'd love some help with this - but the folks on chat insisted I was not following directions, so I'm at a loss. This feature seems to be missing in our version of Constant Contact.

Thanks!
-Megan Johnson

Caitlin_M
Administrator
0 Votes

Hi @access_comms. Looking at your account, it appears that you are under a plan that does not have full access to the automated path builder. In order to switch over to a new plan, please contact our Billing team to discuss your options since we cannot assist with account billing here in the Community.

--

Caitlin M.
Community Manager
access_comms
Rookie
0 Votes

Thanks! That's the answer I needed. :smileyface: 

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Share your marketing campaign with other small business experts and gather valuable tips and feedback to improve your email newsletters, social campaigns, and more. Add @CTCTHelp to your post and we will share it on social media for additional feedback!