Adding New User To Account

SOLVED
Go to solution
MI_Cancer_Consortium
Campaign Contributor
0 Votes

Hi, I've been trying to add new users to my account, but after they are verified, they don't seem to have access to any of our paid plan, contacts, or previous messages. Is there something I am missing? Also, when a user is verified what is the next step for their registration process?

Thank you in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

It sounds like they're not setting up their login using the verification email link they're supposed to receive when you add them as a user. Also keep in mind, that if their email address that you're trying to add is currently a username for another account, they'd need to change that to something unique so the email address is free to use for a new login username.

If you're still having trouble with getting your user logged in, I'd advise calling our general support so they can confirm security permissions, and look up what accounts you user is current and should also be on, using the email address you're trying to add.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @MI_Cancer_Consortium ,

They're logging in using the exact username - generally their email address until they explicitly make it something else - and password they set up to become users? Is the page just completely blank for them, or does it act like they're operating in a brand new account?

Does their issue occur on other devices, networks, or in incognito/private mode?

William A
MI_Cancer_Consortium
Campaign Contributor
0 Votes

We're having the problem with two different accounts. The first problem was a new account that we were able to get verified on my end as an account owner, but on their end, they only had the option to pay for a new account or use a free trial. The second account was an account that we had previously verified, and they had access, but we deleted it to make space for more accounts and now even though I was able to get them verified they are unable to log in.

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

It sounds like they're not setting up their login using the verification email link they're supposed to receive when you add them as a user. Also keep in mind, that if their email address that you're trying to add is currently a username for another account, they'd need to change that to something unique so the email address is free to use for a new login username.

If you're still having trouble with getting your user logged in, I'd advise calling our general support so they can confirm security permissions, and look up what accounts you user is current and should also be on, using the email address you're trying to add.

William A
MI_Cancer_Consortium
Campaign Contributor
0 Votes

Thank you, I think I have taken the steps you recommended, and I haven't noticed a difference. I've been trying to reach someone through the phone service, but I can't seem to get past the automated option because I do not have access to the phone that was originally linked to my account. My old supervisor was the original manager, but he retired in April of 2022 and his phone was the one that was tied to the account. Do you have any suggestions with how I should move forward?

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

You should be able to request an agent without having to explicitly give the phone number to force through a transfer.

William A
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST