Adding and aligning images in text

SOLVED
Go to solution
JeffT80
Constant Contact Partner

Greetings! I need to align an image (scanned signature) to the end of a paragraph. I have tried text wrap, as well as a text/image block, but I find no way to overlay, as it were, the image so it lines up with the end of the paragraph. I tried spacers in the image box but not good enough. Am I missing something? Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator

In order to comply with mobile formatting, text-wrapped images can only be bound to the top-right or top-left corners of a text block, so inserting an images into the middle of text isn't possible.

You could potentially setup separate blocks in a single row (i.e. have the signature image text-wrapped to the top-right of your Sincerely text block, then a second text block for Manager, but even that would require a lot of manipulation of text size, alignment, and other elements that may not ultimately look that well crafted. For example:

Screenshot 2022-02-02 133632.jpg

The best setup, and what I've seen other companies outside of our services regularly use for their emails, would be would be to have separate, single-block rows on top of each other, or example:

Screenshot 2022-02-02 133753.jpg

One thing to keep in mind is that if your signature image is only as big as just itself without any whitespace to the right side, it will be auto-centered in mobile formatting when opened on mobile devices, which is email apps' default functionality:

Screenshot 2022-02-02 134308.jpg

To avoid this, I'd recommend inserting your signature, taking a screencap of it with all the whitespace to the right of it, then inserting that screencap instead. That way when it converts to mobile view, the image will still be left-aligned:

Screenshot 2022-02-02 134326.jpgScreenshot 2022-02-02 134423.jpg

See also:

Inserting signature images into emails

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Amanda_G
Employee
0 Votes

Hi @JeffT80 , 

Are you just trying to drop the signature image below the text? You should be able to drag the image right underneath the text you have in there. You will want to make sure you see the pink horizontal line going all the way across the email before dropping it. You can then align the image to the left, right, or center of the page. 

Amanda G.
Community & Social Care
Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
JeffT80
Constant Contact Partner
0 Votes

Hi Amanda. Thanks for the reply. I do know how to do that, and it doesn't look good. I was hoping to be able to position the image more accurately within the text box, if that makes sense, like this:

Welcome to our site. We hope you like it. Sincerely,Greg signature(clean).jpg, Manager.

See how the image of the signature is placed within the text. Is this possible?

William_A
Administrator

In order to comply with mobile formatting, text-wrapped images can only be bound to the top-right or top-left corners of a text block, so inserting an images into the middle of text isn't possible.

You could potentially setup separate blocks in a single row (i.e. have the signature image text-wrapped to the top-right of your Sincerely text block, then a second text block for Manager, but even that would require a lot of manipulation of text size, alignment, and other elements that may not ultimately look that well crafted. For example:

Screenshot 2022-02-02 133632.jpg

The best setup, and what I've seen other companies outside of our services regularly use for their emails, would be would be to have separate, single-block rows on top of each other, or example:

Screenshot 2022-02-02 133753.jpg

One thing to keep in mind is that if your signature image is only as big as just itself without any whitespace to the right side, it will be auto-centered in mobile formatting when opened on mobile devices, which is email apps' default functionality:

Screenshot 2022-02-02 134308.jpg

To avoid this, I'd recommend inserting your signature, taking a screencap of it with all the whitespace to the right of it, then inserting that screencap instead. That way when it converts to mobile view, the image will still be left-aligned:

Screenshot 2022-02-02 134326.jpgScreenshot 2022-02-02 134423.jpg

See also:

Inserting signature images into emails

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
JeffT80
Constant Contact Partner
0 Votes

Thanks, William, for a thorough and helpful reply! I appreciate all the options and will use what I can!

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Apr 23
Community Conversations: SMS Marketing - Activate, Regulate, Communicate!
2PM - 3:00 PM EST