Browser problems: Searching and typing

Marisa_M
Marketing Legend
0 Votes

I have noticed several issues with different browsers and CC.  A while ago I switched to Firefox because CC was acting buggy in Chrome. However, lately, when composing an email campaign in Firefox, anytime I type a headline, the system removes allofthespacesbetweenmywords. (yes, just like that)  So I opened a chat support (first tried calling but couldn't sit on hold longer than 10 mins) and your support person told me it was a browser issue. Fine. So I switched back to Chrome. Well, that resolved the typing issue, but searching for campaigns using Chrome is completely useless. Nothing I search for is ever found.  I pulled up CC in both Chrome and FF yesterday and ran the same exact search side-by-side and miraculously, FF showed me results and Chrome showed me nothing, all it said was 'Sorry we couldn't find any results'.  I have never experienced such a thing!

So now, I have to use two different browsers to do what I need in CC which is absolutely 100% ridiculous.  I have to use Firefox to find an old campaign and copy it, then go over to Chrome to actually edit the campaign so that it doesn't remove my spaces between words when I am typing.

This needs to be resolved soon, or I am going to request a refund of our prepaid balance and go to another provider.

Here is my search in Chrome:

Marisa_M_0-1652801073525.png

And here is the same exact search in Firefox:

Marisa_M_1-1652801104227.png

5 REPLIES 5
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @Marisa_M ,

When I search market watch in your account on Chrome, I get tons of results, predominantly your MLS Webinars leading the search. In that regard, I'd advise checking what browser extensions, ad/pop-up blockers, or other Chrome-specific elements you may be running on your device that'd be causing interference with our site. In addition to that, I'd advise checking your account in Chrome's Incognito mode, to see if that can further narrow down what exactly is causing you to be unable to search in your account. It may also be worth seeing if this issue is occurring on other devices or networks you have access to, if the issue perpetuates on your end even after performing the aforementioned troubleshooting / narrowing steps.

See also:

Connectivity Troubleshooting

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
Marisa_M
Marketing Legend
0 Votes

So, I don't know what the problem is with Chrome but I still do not receive any search results when searching campaigns. I tried Chrome in a private browser window, and it worked fine.  I have disabled all addons and uninstalled most of them, and that still did nothing to help me when using a regular chrome window. 

I do notice, however, that the search terms are different after I press Enter to begin the search: in the regular Chrome window, my search term appears exactly as it was typed. In the private window, though, there is HTML code that gets added to the search term. Screenshots below.

I am thinking this may have something to do with why I don't get accurate (or any) results when searching in a regular chrome window.  I would really like to see this corrected rather than having to remember to use a 'private' or incognito window every time.

Marisa_M_0-1652892176045.pngMarisa_M_1-1652892245079.png

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

If you've confirmed that incognito doesn't experience the issue, then there's still something active in your regular Chrome setup that's blocking the search functionality from going through. That we can't recreate the issue you're describing, even when following your same parameters of a regular Chrome browsing, then it's indicating there's still something on your end preventing the search functionality from working as intended.

You're welcome to call general support to see if they can setup a T2 case for a remote access case so they can control your comp and try performing more advanced troubleshooting on your device. Beyond that, there's not much else we can offer in this regard.

William A
Marisa_M
Marketing Legend
0 Votes

Thanks, I will try that. 

But what about the typing issue in Firefox? Can that be resolved?

I don't understand why there are so many different browser issues I experience while using CC. I even cleared all my cookies and cache yesterday and that did nothing to help the situation.

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

I don't have any additional insight regarding the Firefox spacing issues, other than that the engineers are still working on a way to address / resolve it.

William A
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST