Contact permissions for a list upload

SOLVED
Go to solution
Pennoni
Campaign Contributor
0 Votes

I've spoken with a partner salesperson at Constant Contact and since we manage an email marketing service for clients, we're eligible for the partner program.

I understand this means our lists must go through the opt-in process? I am curious what this looks like. 

We have at least one account where the list is not opted-in and I am concerned what converting will look like, thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

The process would be the same between regular and partnered accounts. If you already have them confirmed through your CRM, then you can just upload them and select the checkmark box stating you have permission to email the imported addresses. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Caitlin_M
Administrator

Hi @Pennoni. Yes, that account would need to have contacts that have opted in to receive communications from the user. You can use a sign-up form or a lead generation page to complete this. 

--

Caitlin M.
Community Manager
Pennoni
Campaign Contributor
0 Votes

Caitlin, thank you! One clarification here. 

For our standard Constant Contact list, what we do now is import contacts from our CRM, who are already opted-in, and we click the box to select "Yes we have permission to email this address". 

Is this procedure different within the partner ecosystem? I do not want to have to go through a new or additional opt-in process for a list we've been emailing already for years, thank you!

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

The process would be the same between regular and partnered accounts. If you already have them confirmed through your CRM, then you can just upload them and select the checkmark box stating you have permission to email the imported addresses. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Apr 23
Community Conversations: SMS Marketing - Activate, Regulate, Communicate!
2PM - 3:00 PM EST