Created segment does not find contacts that did not open a specific email

SIR101WebMaster
Campaign Collaborator
0 Votes

A segment created to allow email to only contacts that have not opened or clicked an RSVP button does not find those contacts, though review of reporting shows 100+ contacts have not yet opened the specific email. I need to send a new invite email to those contacts that have not opened the previous email. I don't want to send a new email to contacts that have already RSVP'D...

4 REPLIES 4
Zoe_H
Employee
0 Votes

Hello @SIR101WebMaster,

To see contacts who have not opened your previous email, please select the Reporting Tab here and move the Did Not Opens to a new list. Thanks!  

Zoe H.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
SIR101WebMaster
Campaign Collaborator
0 Votes

Yes, I can most likely use this "Did Not Open" method as you describe it... But, my question is why doesn't the method that I prescribed work? Shoudn't segment creation with the options I chose provide all contacts of a specific campaign that did not open the email, as well? Seems like the filtering is broken, no?

Zoe_H
Employee
0 Votes

Hello @SIR101WebMaster,

At this time, we are not experiencing any issues with segmentation. I see in your account that you chose "Did not click a link in any of your last 5 emails" instead of "Did not open" for the contact activity, and that may be why you are seeing incorrect information. Please select this helpful article for more options with segmentation. Thanks! 

Zoe H.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
SIR101WebMaster
Campaign Collaborator
0 Votes

Your response is based on the current state of the segment... In effort to try and get the segmentation to work, I modified the options and left them in the state you see now. My initial options "not opened or clicked an RSVP button", didn;t work. I'll try again, now that my campaign has received more responses, to see if I can get an expcted result. You guys really need to fully test (And yes, I do know about software testing) all possible options.

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST