How do you add a Facebook "Like" button to your email?

SOLVED
Go to solution
Participant

How do you add a Facebook "Like" button to your email?

I'm trying to add html code to an email to insert a Facebook "Like" button.  This is different than a button with a simple link to your facebook page.  I inserted a new promotion block and used the html viewer to insert the code.  Unfortunately, nothing appeared.  Is there a solution to this posted online?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Marketing Advisor

Adding a Facebook button to your email is a great way to drive social media traffic.  The process is a little different depending on the editor so I will include both instructions below.  

2GE :  The first step will be copying the URL for your social media profile that you want to use, Facebook in this case.

Place your cursor where you want the social media icon to appear and click Social.
Place your cursor over your social media platform and click the plus button.
Note: If your social media platform isn't listed, you can manually add an image of the logo as a clickable link. Select your image. Follow the instructions under the Link field to copy and paste the link for your unique social media page. Click Insert.Click Save to continue editing your campaign email.

3GE: The first step will be copying the URL for your social media profile that you want to use, Facebook in this case.

Go to the left side of the screen under the “Build” tab and you will see “Social”.

Once the icons are added, click any of the icons to open the editor and click “Edit”.

Paste the URL into the field next to the Facebook social media icon and click the chain icon to test the link.

Click Insert to continue editing your template.  See this article for more information:

https://knowledgebase.constantcontact.com/articles/KnowledgeBase/6233-insert-social-media-icons-in-t...

View solution in original post

142 REPLIES 142
Occasional Participant

Thank you for your help! Very helpful.

Chelsey

The Tweet & Share options do not appear to be available.  Did something change?

Hi Craig,

We're not experiencing any trouble with Tweet & Share not displaying.  What exactly is happening in your account?  Please provide me with screenshots if possible and do I have your permission to look into your account?

Thanks!

Hi. 

I'm having trouble finding the links to "Make it Social" also.  I tried to schedule the email in the hopes they would show up, but I'm just not seeing where they are.  You have permission to look in my account if you need to. 

Basically, I want to include links for my recipients to share my email with their friends on Facebook and Twitter.  I am not trying to figure out how to share it with MY friends on Facebook or my Twitter followers.

Thanks!

-Matt

Hi Matt,

Are you trying to turn on the Social Share Bar that would be located at the top of your email so that your contacts can share your email on their Social Networks?

If so, you want to go into your email that is in draft form.  Then hover over and click on the Header Options block - this is the one with the From, Subject, Reply and Having Trouble Viewing this email information.  Once you click on that, you'll receive an overlay that has the Social Share links located near the bottom.  Just check the box and click the OK button.  And you're good to go!

Let me know if that's what you were looking for!

Regular Participant

Is there any way to format or center the social share buttons that appear in the header? Or maybe center the web version link? Currently, the social media bars are lining up nicely with my left border of the email content, but the "view on web site" is at the far left of the entire message. Didn't the 'view on website' text used to be centered? The option to at least move these two fields would be a great help. Thanks.

Hi Joan,

Thanks for posting. The webpage version is left aligned by default but you can center the text if you would like. Take a look at this FAQ for some directions. 

The share bar that appears when the email is sent can't be moved but I'm happy to submit that suggestion for you!

Thanks,

Hannah M.
Community and Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
Regular Participant

There is it! Thank you.

You're welcome, happy to help! 

Hannah M.
Community and Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
Occasional Participant

Hi, It has been about a year since we sent our last email blast.  At that time, I had uploaded social media icons and added links from the image directly to our pages in the email fine print block.  I don't seem to be able to do that any longer.  When I select the icon image and click on the link, it now requires me to add text to be used for the link. Am I missing something or has the ability to link to social media directly from an icon been removed.  Thanks!

Hi Tim,

I'm sorry that you're having difficulty adding a Social Media icon to your email. I took a look at your most recent draft and I am seeing that you have the links filled out properly. Did you get this sorted or are you still needing assistance?

Thank you!

Occasional Participant

Hi Marissa,

I believe the exiting links are working because I duplicated a previous email  However, I don't know how to add a new link directly from the icon image.  I can't close the link window without adding text.  If I add text, it replaces the icon.  Please let me know if I am doing something incorrectly.

Thanks you

Hi Tim,

Social Options.JPGWhen you're editing a block within your email, on the left-hand side we have 3 options. You want to choose the Social Option. 

Then once you hit the Social Option, you can choose the Social Network that you want to connect to. In this example, I chose Facebook. Just insert your Facebook Page URL and then click Insert.  We'll do the rest!

Insert Link to Facebook.JPG

Occasional Participant

That answers it!  Thank you so much Marissa

You're welcome!

Regular Participant

Does this work for customized email? I am using my own HTML/CSS to design my e-blasts.  My client would like their subscribers to share the newsletter via Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn. 

Thanks!

Julius,

Below is a link that will give you the steps on how to set this up for your client's email. Have a great weekend!

Click here: https://knowledgebase.constantcontact.com/articles/KnowledgeBase/22841-make-it-easy-for-contacts-to-...

Thank you,
Marty K
Social Media Support
If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Are you on Twitter? Follow me href="http://www.twitter.com/ctcthelp" target="_blank">here!
Regular Participant

Thanks this really helped me out, but do you have any idea, how to make sure the title of the e-newsletter shows up with the link.

Julius,

That is something I will forward to our engineers to be reviewed for use in a future release. Thanks for the suggestion and keep them coming.

Thank you,
Marty K
Social Media Support
If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Are you on Twitter? Follow me href="http://www.twitter.com/ctcthelp" target="_blank">here!
Regular Participant

Thanks so much!  I will use what you have given me; however, I can't determine why is there so much vertical space in the icons. Any ideas?

Julius,

Email us your UN to social_support(at)constantcontact(dot)com and we can look into it deeper.

Thank you,
Marty K
Social Media Support