How do you add a Facebook "Like" button to your email?

SOLVED
Highlighted
Occasional Advisor

Re: Creating a "Share" button w/Facebook & Twitter Clickable Buttons on top

There is it! Thank you.

Highlighted

You're welcome, happy to help! 

Hannah M.
Community and Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
Highlighted
Occasional Participant

Hi, It has been about a year since we sent our last email blast.  At that time, I had uploaded social media icons and added links from the image directly to our pages in the email fine print block.  I don't seem to be able to do that any longer.  When I select the icon image and click on the link, it now requires me to add text to be used for the link. Am I missing something or has the ability to link to social media directly from an icon been removed.  Thanks!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Hi Tim,

I'm sorry that you're having difficulty adding a Social Media icon to your email. I took a look at your most recent draft and I am seeing that you have the links filled out properly. Did you get this sorted or are you still needing assistance?

Thank you!

Highlighted
Occasional Participant

Hi Marissa,

I believe the exiting links are working because I duplicated a previous email  However, I don't know how to add a new link directly from the icon image.  I can't close the link window without adding text.  If I add text, it replaces the icon.  Please let me know if I am doing something incorrectly.

Thanks you

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Hi Tim,

Social Options.JPGWhen you're editing a block within your email, on the left-hand side we have 3 options. You want to choose the Social Option. 

Then once you hit the Social Option, you can choose the Social Network that you want to connect to. In this example, I chose Facebook. Just insert your Facebook Page URL and then click Insert.  We'll do the rest!

Insert Link to Facebook.JPG

Highlighted
Occasional Participant

That answers it!  Thank you so much Marissa

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

You're welcome!

Highlighted
Occasional Participant

Does this work for customized email? I am using my own HTML/CSS to design my e-blasts.  My client would like their subscribers to share the newsletter via Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn. 

Thanks!

Highlighted
CTCT Employee

Julius,

Below is a link that will give you the steps on how to set this up for your client's email. Have a great weekend!

Click here: https://knowledgebase.constantcontact.com/articles/KnowledgeBase/22841-make-it-easy-for-contacts-to-...

Thank you,
Marty K
Social Media Support
If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Are you on Twitter? Follow me href="http://www.twitter.com/ctcthelp" target="_blank">here!