We all started somewhere! Share your experience on the Get Advice: Let's Get Started Sweepstakes thread and be entered to win a $100 credit on your Constant Contact account.

How to create a text box which can have text wrap around the text box.

JudithB22
Occasional Participant

How to create a text box which can have text wrap around the text box.

Is there a way to insert a text box instead of an image box and have the text wrap around the text box?

6 REPLIES 6
William_D

Hello @JudithB22 ,

What setup are you wanting exactly with this text-wrapped text block? 

Like this?

A B

B B

or

A A A

A B A

A A A

---------------

or like columns?

A A B

A A B

A A B

There's not really a way to have such a setup in our system and still have it be mobile-compatible or even functionable, beyond the column setup. What exactly would be the purpose of the text-wrapped text block? Have you tried using an image screenshot of the text you wish to have text-wrapped?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William D
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
LoriI21
Regular Participant

Hi William,

Basically, has the new editor has been created so people can read campaigns on their phones, and too bad for all the other functionality like text wrap and image captioning?

With how modern email programs function in general, and since the vast majority of them give preferential treatment to emails optimized for mobile viewing, some functionalities like classic image captioning simply aren't possible. You can always add a regular text block beneath an image, with stylized text or other aspects to help it stick out from the other text in your email. Text wrapping is available to an extent, however the options will also be limited due to the need for easy mobile conversion.

William D
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
LoriI21
Regular Participant

Your link Text wrapping is available to an extent  is a false premise and that extent is not wrapping. We want real text wrapping, not the image moves the text over but it's still one long column. I'm over it because you are not going to offer that functionality.

Shattemuc
Participant

Is there a way to add a caption to an image that is embedded in a text block? I don't see a way to add a text block below such an image (adding a text block does not work in this context.)

LoriI21
Regular Participant

Actually adding a text block does work. You just have to get that blue line to show up under the image by dragging the box. Alas, each block is a separate thing now and instead of handy html, we are now relegating to making puzzle pieces out of the items. It's so less user friendly, but unfortunately cell phones rule graphics now.